Thread: Loud whistle that occurs on deceleration while off the throttle

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Loud whistle that occurs on deceleration while off the throttle

I bought a 2016 Nissan K13 last month. From day 1, the car had a light whistle noise while decelerating while foot is off the throttle. One month later, the whistle is now much louder and very audible even at speeds as slow as 20 km/hr. The noise is only there when the gear is in the DRIVE position. Car has started to judder while driving in traffic and also has a loud whining noise while accelerating from rest to start moving. Please advise.

Thanks
    Does your car have a CVT?

Thanks
    Many details required on this one. Transmission type for sure, check with windows down - is it coming from a particular side, could be a leak in the exhaust - could be there the entire time and you can only hear it over everything else while decelerating.

Juttering while driving - is it in the steering wheel or your butt? Do the noise and the jutter seem to be pulsing together, if at all?

Video?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Sounds to me like it must be a CVT. One that's not very happy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yes my car has a CVT. I took it to the garage last Monday and they changed the gearbox oil filter and gearbox oil. The old oil was black but had no metal particles in it. After 200 km of driving, the car is still doing the same. Loud whistling noise when decelerating when foot is removed from throttle. Any advise what is the issue? Thank you.

Thanks
    Nissan had lots of problems with their CVT's 7 or 8 years ago, but they did not put the CVT in any Micra sold in Canada. Insofar as this is mainly a Canadian based forum you may not get much information here.

Nissan USA extended the warranty on some of the models affected; perhaps your warranty was also extended.

I know that Nissan Cubes were plagued with bad CVTs. I'm sure a google search will give you lots of information.