Thread: Vaz 11113

Thanks

Vaz 11113

Anyone watch MegaRetr's videos on Facebook? He's a youtuber from Russia and he does these english-speaking Saabkyle04-style car review/tour videos where he shows everything about the car. He has a K12 Micra on his channel.

Anyway he did a video of this car, it's a VAZ 11113 which is a bare-bones, cheap hatchback sold in Russia. It has an 800cc carburated inline two-cylinder engine mated a 4-speed manual and it supposively (according to him) gets an average combined fuel economy of 5.0L/100km. That's amazing!

I'm showing you this because I was pretty fascinated with this car and I bet it probably costs pocket change to buy one and run it and it probably lasts forever. In the video he did the tour of a 2005 model (yes I know the car looks like it was made in the 1980s) and he did a driving video of a 1995 model. Both cars drove and ran equally as well.

Anyone who owns a Micra S manual, the $9998 one, or a base model Mitsu Mirage, even a Geo Metro, this car makes your car look like a Cadillac.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pGAmNnCnS4

I just wonder if it is at all possible for automakers to make simple, cheap cars like this for say $5000 or less. Just throw a few airbags in it and add fuel-injection so it passes environment tests, and that's it. Not everyone can even afford a new Micra/Mirage at $10k. This would be a $5000 or even cheaper brand new car that just about anybody could buy!

Thanks
    I have a special place in my heart for cheap cars. (Obviously) A lot of russian cars are built on being durable, serviceable, cheap and effective. And once they find something that works, they don't change it.

It doesn't have a lot of luxury, but it does have less to go wrong. And there is a good chance with that machine, if something goes wrong, it's likely fixable with common tooling and a bit of mechanical know-how.

Even that wee little car has a full sized spare tire- A lot of luxury cars don't even have that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yeah me too! I think cheap cars are more fun all around than luxury cars.