Thread: First well second car? Is that thing a lawnmower

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

First well second car? Is that thing a lawnmower

Well hello seem there are lot of owner here

Now my first question is:

I did drive a Nissan Versa 1.6l with probably the ((((cvt tranny ))).

I want to know if anyone had any experience or know if a cvt is sluggish vs a Manual one.

This is the same engine and the damn Versa was so slow going uphill i was sure i was slowing down at like 3/4 throttle at 40kmh uh in a 50kmh zone.

How is that Micra ?????

Im affraid knowing the hp rating is = to 1.3l 1.5l motor from 10 years ago.

The kia rio and the Toyota echo share the same Hp rating almost.

Well i do expect this car to last 300000km + if i maintain it well it a timing chain car of what i know. So maintenance is just basic like oil filter and stuff

( anti rust will be made ) Im aint stupids this is snow canada

Except that i think i will have to tell myself this car is maybe not the best for a man like me that like offroad To play in snow.... And haul a trailer and other stuff..

But it will carry me from point a to point b with almost no fuel

Thank you

Thanks
    Salut, bonami2!

I did drive a Nissan Versa 1.6l with probably the ((((cvt tranny ))).

I want to know if anyone had any experience or know if a cvt is sluggish vs a Manual one.
    You haven't tried the Micra yet? Je pense que tu l'aimerais, compared to the Versa CVT. The Micra manual is much more responsive (manual is my preference). Even the Micra's conventional 4-speed automatic is more responsive than a CVT.

A CVT is better at saving fuel than a conventional automatic, and it cruises at a nice, relaxed RPM on the highway. But some people don't like the way the CVT drives (like a snowmobile or motorboat). Would you choose a manual or automatic?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

bonami2 (06-09-2015)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Salut, bonami2!

You haven't tried the Micra yet? Je pense que tu l'aimerais, compared to the Versa CVT. The Micra manual is much more responsive (manual is my preference). Even the Micra's conventional 4-speed automatic is more responsive than a CVT.

A CVT is better at saving fuel than a conventional automatic, and it cruises at a nice, relaxed RPM on the highway. But some people don't like the way the CVT drives (like a snowmobile or motorboat). Would you choose a manual or automatic?

Manual to save cost and fuel and well im an atv user since 12 years old so i have the rpm shifting already in my blood lol Only thing i have no clutch experience ( wet clutch just dont care lol semi auto )

And no i did not try a micra because well i expect to get it in like 1-2 years cash So im affraid the model may change and or competitor.

Did drive a nissan versa and that thing almost needed pedal to the metal mod to get on the highways ahah

It may react like the 2 toyota echo Friend have seem pretty fast for a 109hp both are manual

Did drive some cvt atv feel sluggish need lot more power than needed to not feel sluggish and or low gearing. Brute force got gearing and Can am got the hp ahah

Just far from my grandma accent 1.6 138hp brand new well it like 6k$ more

Thank you alot and yea im french ahah