Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from southern Ontario!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hello from southern Ontario!

Hey everyone!

I'm actually about to be in the market for my first brand new vehicle. I'm 23 and have owned a 2005 Kia Rio, and a 2008 Pontiac G5 GT, which is my current car. After poking around for a little while at various dealerships, I formed a good relationship with the owners of a Nissan dealership and they introduced me to the possibility of the Micra when it becomes available.

To be honest I never really would have considered this kind of car, but after seeing photos and footage, as well as reading as much as I could, I can't wait until I can go see it and person. I could definitely see it being my very first new car, which I'm sure you all know is an exciting prospect!

You never really know what you're gonna like until you drive it, I love the styling though, i think my only real concern is that I don't want to be in anything too small, I'm 6'1.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to hearing more and more about the Micra over the next month or two!

Thanks
    Hi, MoreMogilny!

Ironically, I think the 2005 Kia Rio / Hyundai Accent (3rd generation) was the last $10,000 car we had in Canada. So you would be coming full circle in a way.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Micra in the metal as well - I'm planning to go visit it at the Ottawa Auto show in a couple of weeks.

As for room, I will report back. I'm average height (5'10"), but the Micra is actually slightly taller than the Versa sedan, which is well known as "roomy" for a subcompact.

Would you get the manual or automatic? (GET THE MANUAL!)

Welcome to the forum!

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    The Rio I had was actually a pretty good car. I paid $600 for it used as my first car, drove it for 80,000kms, then sold it for $900. It's nice to hear that the Micra will be pretty roomy, it appears so in videos.

I'll probably go with manual. Both of my first two cars have been. It also can't hurt the price point which is definitely a key feature for myself

Thanks
    paid $600 for it used as my first car, drove it for 80,000kms, then sold it for $900
    That is hilariously awesome. Congrats.

Good news about the manual. It's the way to go with this car (humble opinion).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Welcome to the site MoreMogilny.

I agree with MetroMPG. I haven't seen any reports of the Micra being cramped and I'd be surprised if you didn't fit nicely in it. These days OEMs accommodate all the very largest individuals.

Thanks
    I'm 6'0 and have driven all older Micra types (K10,11,12).
    None of them was too small.
    The guy who I helped buy a K10 (his first car) was about 6'3... but that was a tight fit.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RedDevil For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-10-2014)

Thanks
    Cool, it's good to hear that one of my main concerns is pretty much nullified, thanks guys!

Thanks
    Know what else I'd consider doing out of sheer curiosity (I probably would have already done this, but there's no local Nissan dealer in my little city)...

I'd go try out a Versa sedan or Versa Note (5MT). Same drivetrain that the Micra will have, in a slightly heavier package. Different handling dynamics too, of course. Just do it for the engine/trans experience.

Thanks
    Any special requests for Micra photos/info from the Ottawa car show? 2015 Micra at Ottawa/Gatineau Auto Show (Mar. 20-23) Want any specific info or pics?

Not sure which day I'm going, but I'm going (mainly to see the Micra).

Thanks
    How soon are you looking to purchase a new car MoreMogilny?