Thread: Clutch slipping while flogging..

Thanks

Clutch slipping while flogging..

I'm finding when driving my lunchbox sized micra that the clutch slips if I try to drive it hard, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue as well?

How many km? What level of fluid? Can you check for debris in the clutch pack thru the cover opening?
    And when or how is it slipping?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    How many km? What level of fluid? Can you check for debris in the clutch pack thru the cover opening?
    And when or how is it slipping?
    It's only when I give it WOT and into 2nd through 5th gear. I haven't tried to hard launch it as of yet, it is the wife's daily. Has 11000kms on it, had it for 9 months so far, no other issues. Have not seen it on a lift yet.

Check the clutch fluid. I believe clutch/brake fluid is the same? Check level and flush if required.

If you open the "peep" hole and everything looks fine and fluids normal... There maybe be something wrong

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I'd take it to the dealer. It shouldn't be slipping and if its easy to diagnose (easy to tell its slipping) they should take care of everything for you. No point in trying to do it all yourself.

If it was low on fluid, that shouldn't cause slippage. That would only cause it to not disengage when you press the pedal.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifaxmicra View Post
    It's only when I give it WOT and into 2nd through 5th gear. I haven't tried to hard launch it as of yet, it is the wife's daily. Has 11000kms on it, had it for 9 months so far, no other issues. Have not seen it on a lift yet.
    Get back to us with the service reps response when you give this explanation

Ya but will likely say 1 of a few things ;
    1- its not slipping.
    2- we cant see anything wrong
    3- well need some time to diagnose it $$$
    4- broken , extreme wear, not warrentied.
    5- take it all apart, replace $20 warrenty part, reassemble, test , bill for everything but the $20 warrenty covered part.

-------------

Its a very light clutch to begin with. Flogging it is not how id explain it to nissan.
    Try highway on ramp, or highway lane change

Even if you tell them this they probably wont rip on it. So they will likely report back fine untilit wont engage at all. Ive had a clutch I had nissan inspect. It was toast within 5,000km of them saying its fine. Makes some noiselike 370z . Lol
    Last edited by IMPUL; 06-01-2015 at 01:53 PM.

Thanks
    At 11000 km, you're either riding the **** out of it, and causing massive wear, or it's a bad part from the factory. Keep us posted

Thanks
    In 26 years of driving manual cars, I never experienced a clutch slipping. What does it feel like?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

You dont really feel it so much as see it. All of asudden you accelerate and the tach redlines instantly and the speedo doesnt move very much.

But i guess it could feel like a loss in power cause your foot goes to the floor but you go nowhere