Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Hamilton

Thanks

Hi from Hamilton

Hi, I'm Jo and I picked up my new Micra last week. It's an 'S' model in Caspian Sea, 5 speed and I really love driving it. Before that we drove an older Camry - my husband is overseas till July so he won't see the new car for a month but he trusts my judgement
    I've only seen 2 other Micras in my city lately but I'm sure there must be more somewhere (have yet to see my colour though).
    thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cropgirl View Post
    Hi, I'm Jo and I picked up my new Micra last week. It's an 'S' model in Caspian Sea, 5 speed and I really love driving it. Before that we drove an older Camry - my husband is overseas till July so he won't see the new car for a month but he trusts my judgement
    I've only seen 2 other Micras in my city lately but I'm sure there must be more somewhere (have yet to see my colour though).
    thanks
    Congrats ! I am picking my new Micra Wednesday ! I am excited !

Don't forget to do your Garage entry !

CMM

Thanks
    Welcome, Jo!

Congrats on the purchase. I have to ask everyone who buys the base Micra S: what about air conditioning? Aren't you going to miss it? I haven't had AC in most of my cars, but I don't live in the big city or get stuck in traffic jams, so it's OK with me.

For the couple of weeks it gets really warm & humid? Solution! beaded seat covers.

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    ^man, i've always associated those things with old ppl with back problems, for some reason.

hehe

Thanks
    I'm not that old!

I bought my first one somewhere in Oshawa one trip to Toronto when I was caught in stop 'n' crawl traffic on the 401 on a sweltering day. I took the next exit, found an auto parts store and joined the beaded seat club! I haven't looked back since (and thousands of taxi drivers can't be wrong. That's what they make me think of.) I call it my "air conditioning", as in, "time to put the air conditioning in the car!" It's usually in the car for about 2 weeks each summer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

no a/c

Hi Darin,
    Yes, I thought long and hard about the no a/c situation - but I grew up in Ottawa with no a/c (house or auto) - plus I've visited/lived in some really hot places (Thailand etc.) where a/c is really a necessity and to tell you the truth I think we here in Canada really can't complain. I think I got spoiled with a/c and power windows in our last cars and part of me kept saying 'first world problems' when they didn't work (at one point the a/c broke down and was too expensive to fix for car's worth). If I had small children I'd probably reconsider and have a/c (i.e. for long summer trips) but my kids are older teens now and IMHO they'll be fine. I don't commute or usually have traffic jams so I'm not too worried - I did get the beaded seat covers, a 'mister' (water to keep me cool) if needed, windshield sunscreens (when I'm parked). Now if the Micra S didn't have a heater (for winter)...I'd be complaining big time.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Welcome, Jo!

Congrats on the purchase. I have to ask everyone who buys the base Micra S: what about air conditioning? Aren't you going to miss it? I haven't had AC in most of my cars, but I don't live in the big city or get stuck in traffic jams, so it's OK with me.

For the couple of weeks it gets really warm & humid? Solution! beaded seat covers.

Darin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cropgirl View Post
    to tell you the truth I think we here in Canada really can't complain.
    Completely agree: I haven't complained about the heat in Canada since spending 3 months in the Caribbean one year for work (starting at the tail end of summer).

"It doesn't get hot here," was my new saying when I got back. It's all relative.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site and congrats on the new Micra.

Thanks
    Neat to see another Hamiltonian here, and another female member!

I bought my Micra, grey, Dec. /15. I've seen one in your color, on the Mountain.
    Since then I've seen about 10 Micra's in Hamilton. My neighbor won the 'drive it forward' contest from Parkway Nissan, (growl), so there's 2 more on the roads!
    I did get an S, but with auto and a/c. Had many standards, and I'm not a summer lover, so air was a must!
    Glad you like your car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynter View Post
    My neighbor won the 'drive it forward' contest from Parkway Nissan, (growl), so there's 2 more on the roads!
    Your neighbour WON a Micra?