Thread: Roof rack/bicycle rack

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Roof rack/bicycle rack

Wondering if anyone has installed roof rack and bicycle rack for their micra. Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks
    I've actually got a rack and a basket on order. I'm just waiting on them to arrive. Would you like links?

Yes please

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Hideous For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-27-2015)

I actually ordered the same rack. Its installed ! Love it.

That basket!!! Awesome!!! Gotta order it soon

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Do the racks come with a bike rack included? I couldn't tell. If so, has anyone ordered a second bike mount?

Quote Originally Posted by woofer2609 View Post
    Do the racks come with a bike rack included? I couldn't tell. If so, has anyone ordered a second bike mount?
    The universial nissan rack that mike and I have ordered is just a cross bar.

You have to add accessories to it. Such as a cargo cage or bike holder. Use the tailgate style bike rack.
    It will pay for it self in "free" 407 usage. Lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    The universial nissan rack that mike and I have ordered is just a cross bar.

You have to add accessories to it. Such as a cargo cage or bike holder. Use the tailgate style bike rack.
    It will pay for it self in "free" 407 usage. Lol
    Had to google the 407, (I'm on the west coast) we have front and rear plates here, so i'd need two sets of racks!
    I'd prefer a hitch mount, but haven't seen a hitch available for this car yet..... anybody know of one?

Thanks
    Actually, if you go to any hitch shop, they can weld up a bracket for a hidden hitch. It may be stamped "NOT FOR TOWING" but there's a lot of accessories for the "hidden hitch" style bracket. I even have a toilet seat one for hunting. lol. No log pooping on my hunting trips! Seriously though, look up a hitch shop.

Thanks
    Ahh, the bumper dumper. I talked to a shop, but the cost was prohibitive, I think the SRG 1 1/4" hitch at $163 might be the way to go... probably won't allow me to use the hitch mounted dirt bike carrier however...