Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Micra warranty repairs -- have you had any done? Or trouble-free so far?

Thanks
    I think it's a good idea. It gives owners an idea of what to possibly watch for on their cars.

It just requires people to post the details in this thread. We could start a Google Docs spreadsheet and link to it from Post #1 to better organize the info.

A potential downside is it may scare some people off getting a Micra, because it will be a scary snapshot of every small (and large) problem that a relatively tiny number of owners have experienced.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I'd be interested in a running tally of warranty repairs.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.8 km/L ... 34.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Took me a while to decide if I even wanted to begin this endevor. But for the greater good i will. Please keep in mind after all this I still love my car and think my case isnt a typical example of the cars quality. I also speak french so I might have grammar errors. Sorry about that. So here it goes and i even might forget stuff and not necessarily in chronological order.

Rough idle: defect valve intake

raddling:lose heat shield

Screaching from rear brake and sticking; rusted rotors back

no speaker sound: 3 busted speakers (2 times same door) Dont even listen to bass music

rusted seat support

rusted whipper support

dead batterie after sitting 2 days in winter:batterie replaced

no heat from heater blower(this took 3 years to fix) long story short if you dont have the ac installed you are prone to have this issue. Since there isnt a filter between out and in snow would get in melt the freeze. It has been a headache to say the least has even nissan canada didnt know what to do. Filter jamming mechanism, stripping the knob for heat because jammed, snow in dash board you name it. I live in Canada. Nough said. The new filter they installed seems to be holding but i do not get decent heat in car like before and its often foggy in the back windows.

Fogged up front light:changed front light

squiking sound from front suspension: changed 2 sway bar bushings... had to do it twice in 4 years. Dont live on rough roads

Heat coming out of ventilation even on cold setting... in summer... mothf!"/$%$ Had to take appart dash and heater to adjust cable or something

Cold air only coming out of vent: heater control needs to be replaced

limp mode on stalling check engine on fuel smell: repaired undone cables lol

shifter coming out of trans socket while shifting: replaced whole shift kit

customer gets in car after replacing shift kit, knob stays in hand as he drove away: thighted knob properly

hot air still coming out of air vent: taking apart dashboard again

some dude rammed the back of my car had to repair. Not as perfect as it used to be work was botched

3 locks jamming:replaced 3 locks

rough idle: reset ecu lol

ex gf went crazy kicked my fender in had to pop the dent out coz couldnt open the door lolll, f**k my life

crank but no start: had to be towed 3 times... Bad wire connection in fuse box

Timing cover leaking. Upon inspection timing belt was also cracked.

I take good care of my things. Its the first new car i got so it can be frustrating as you can imagine.

Have chips on the roof that started to rust under paint that i need to care of asap also.

Its life
    Last edited by Nao; 09-23-2017 at 02:57 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nao For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-18-2017)

Thanks
    Merci, Nao. Ton englais - completement clair. Beaucoup mieux que mon francais!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    The only issue I had was just after I bought the car used from the Nissan dealer. Noticed on the drive home that the rear windshield washer fluid did not work. Took them a while to find the problem, Turns out the hose was kinked where it went thru the firewall. They figure it was probably like that since new. Covered under warranty, no issues.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.8 km/L ... 34.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (02-21-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MicraK13NL View Post
    On my K13 the fuel pump was replaced under warranty. It made a hell of a noise...
    Perhaps was it when the gas pedal was pushed to go from being stopped?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Ugh they said nothing was wrong with my mirrors, they still shake and won't be replaced under warranty. Kinda regretting purchasing a used Micra.

Thanks
    Actually purchased it with unknown rust that they're also claiming not to cover because it was the previous owners fault. Was owned by a Nissan exec. Who had a crash and needed lots of repairs. Repairs weren't done properly and painting wasn't done proper either. Fast forward to me buying and outer pain looks fine. My car was badly egged, so I was cleaning it off when I noticed rust in wheel well from botched repair. They claim it isn't their problem and I have to go to 3rd party repair shop to get it fixed as it's their fault and they have to fix. They don't know where it was repaired ( I call BS because if it was a Nissan exec car they probably repaired it) and so I'm stuck with an almost 3 year.old car with bad rust.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayward_0ne View Post
    Actually purchased it with unknown rust that they're also claiming not to cover because it was the previous owners fault. Was owned by a Nissan exec. Who had a crash and needed lots of repairs. Repairs weren't done properly and painting wasn't done proper either. Fast forward to me buying and outer pain looks fine. My car was badly egged, so I was cleaning it off when I noticed rust in wheel well from botched repair. They claim it isn't their problem and I have to go to 3rd party repair shop to get it fixed as it's their fault and they have to fix. They don't know where it was repaired ( I call BS because if it was a Nissan exec car they probably repaired it) and so I'm stuck with an almost 3 year.old car with bad rust.

Rust was definitely there when purchased as I bought in May and found rust in October, way before salt and snow.