Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Micra warranty repairs -- have you had any done? Or trouble-free so far?

Thanks
    right rear wheel bearing replaced.

Thanks
    You've done both rear bearings?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patty View Post
    I am going to be driving in the US for a month or so this summer. I am wondering if, should anything go wrong, it is possible to use Versa or fake-Versa parts to fix a possible Micra problem?

Not expecting any issues as I have only 15,000 kms on my Micra and most of the kinks worked out with a fabulous dealership here in Victoria, but it would be nice to know.....
    My Micra has 50,000 km on it already, and the only real issue was a busted solenoid (I think for CCV control - not sure). Engine was roughing quite badly, Nissan fixed at no charge, no issues since, I think the solenoid shouldn't have passed quality inspection to begin with. But yeah, make sure your oil changes are up to date and should be golden.

Thanks
    My solenoid for the valve timing is shot now...it is going in this week. It has seventy two thousand on it. Tech at Nissan thinks he hears timing chain noise so they are going to tear it down.

Thanks
    Pete - any update on what they found/fixed?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Well I have to be honest to the forum folks it was all just bull crap. You see as it turns out all of the techs but one had quit at Boyer in Belleville and the one they had was busy getting the ten to fifteen cars a day they were selling ready to go so the service manager was lying to me from the beginning and because I've been around the right things were being said that I finally got the truth from the dealership manager and then waited another five days to get it back when all along it was just the timing solenoid. Either way I racked up three thousand K on the rental and got it fixed for nothing a hundred I'm sorry's and blah blah blah.
    Last edited by Pete; 08-04-2017 at 11:56 AM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

Golfcart (09-28-2018),MetroMPG (08-04-2017),MrMicra2015 (08-04-2017)

Thanks
    Well, that's good to hear it was nothing serious. We've had a handful of people with that solenoid problem, but I'd never heard of anybody with chain problems.

We had one new member say they read about chain problems in the forum and it was partly why they decided not to get one (plus rod knock, which we haven't heard much about in a long while).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (08-04-2017)

Timing solenoid eh?? Humm..

So my engines making the game tapping noise again. First engine replaced by Guelph nissan. Short block only due to super crazy heavily modified Intake ��
    And alledged ecu altering.

Which as we know is just an excuse to not pay for warranty repairs.

So I took it to 401-Dixie. As I was super close to 60,000km and was hoping for a once over
    Obviously I only want the non-customized OEM stuff warrantied ie passenger side door lock doesn't work with my key.
    The engine . Not suspension or connected/affected/associated parts.

Was basically told yes the engine needs to be replaced. Then was told the next day it's the valves ( or could be the valves )
    They don't want me to get a bill cuz it could be $1000's but if I take my car back now no charge.

Now, I haven't modified the engine, ecu, injectors, timing, software, or parameters. How did I "damage" valves.

I've decided to find a replacement engine myself and replace it.

I'll be picking up my engine aug20th I will tear down my engine and share my findings.

And in the process be able to tinker with it. So if you want to see something internal or specific with these engines that you can't easily do yourself let me know. I'll share it.

The complaint about my cars mod were;
    You've modified the computer - false
    You've got track tires - Bridgestone re-71r street legal and option on the nismo Sentra
    You've driven it hard and damaged it - no inspection was done, this accusation was SOLELY based on my customizations
    You've damaged the valves - again no inspection, just speculation with no tech notes, or diagnostic
    Fender damage - fender rolled, customization in progress, how does this affect my engines bottom end?

The point is: my car similar mods to a cup car. Minus the roll cage and timing advance and such.
    My suspension is a little stiffer and my tires less sticky. I don't drive as hard as a cup car, and have better filteration then a cup car. ( cone filter vs foam )

I constantly use my scan gauge to read vitals and everything seems ok.

I feel it's a brush off, but will take it to Guelph soon and let them have a crack at it.
    ( this is simply to see what happens ) as I already have an engine replacement.

I will say this. If Nissan thinks that a Intake and exhaust ( which is not installed anymore and hasn't been for awhile ) is reason to not warranty a car with bottom issues (possibly valve or timing issues)
    Then I think I not going to buy new cars from them anymore.

Does a after market filter element void warranty? No so why does a Intake made by a reputable company that tested it to make sure it's within spec.

It doesn't make sense.

Especially when cup cars use foam filters, Drive hard, less restrictive exhaust sticker tires, and racing contact.

Yes I enjoy my car, yes I drive in city traffic, yes I drive on 401, no I do not thrash my car s in such a way to damage it purposefully.
    Or even unintentionally I drive to keep up with flow. And the odd spirited acceleration, but nothing this car should be able to handle.

If safety parameters allow it, it should be warrantied. Period.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Would it be possible to compile a spreadsheet with the following columns:

Model Year, Warranty work done, Kilometer reading ...

This would give a running snapshot of the car's durability.

Your thoughts and input would be apprenticed....it won't work without it..

Thank you..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Couple months ago Mighty went in for oil consumption about 1.5L gone after 1k of driving, They had it for 3 weeks and changed the PCV valve. Still have to take it back to them so they can check it again after there repairs. Went in at just over 60K