Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom mandrel bent exhaust, cat & mid-silencer delete (Video)

Thanks

Red face Custom mandrel bent exhaust, cat & mid-silencer delete (Video)

My muffler arrived today, and I've got ABC MUFFLER in Edmonton mandrel bending me some pipe. Exhaust should be installed next weekend. Ill post pics when it's all done. I think I might be the first here to delete the catalytic converter and mid silencer. We'll see what happens next. Lol.

Update: video in post #5

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I'd recommend not doing a cat delete. Mainly, there is no reason to. You aren't going to gain any horsepower by doing it. Also, by doing so, you're going to throw a check engine light which could effect other things like closed loop operation. This could actually decrease horsepower as well as fuel economy.

Thanks
    That's been taken care of already, flashing the ECU for some custom firmware by Speedtech in Edmonton. They work on all my cars for a custom tune. And the cat delete is mainly due to the new header back exhaust not having one. lol.

Thanks
    Exhaust is in, sounds fantastic IMHO, I'll be recording some video for the sound with my iphone as soon as edmonton isn't suffering gale force wind. I'll youtube it and post a link to this thread.

Thanks
    Enjoy the vertical video. I'm a bit of a masochist. This is a good example of a non fart can exhaust

http://youtu.be/yxt40Xd_K9Y

Thanks
    That's not bad at all. Fairly mellow, which I like. Then again, you weren't exactly standing on it.

Mind if I split your exhaust mods into their own thread? Don't want them buried in this "joke" thread!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yeah, go ahead and split it. I only revved it to about 3krpm to illustrate that it's not retardedly fart-can loud. I'll take another vid tomorrow and give it a bit of a stomp.

Thanks
    Thread split, and looking forward to it.

Cat-less cars are kinda stinky though. It's amazing the urban air quality we now take for granted from emission controls. Just go to a classic car cruise for a reminder of what the olden days smelled like!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Had mad wind in edmonton last couple of days, I recorded one, but it sounded like crap with all the wind-static. Im using an iphone after all. I'll make a proper one in the shop tomorrow and give it a few good honks up to about 6k.

Thanks
    Holy crap. I forgot all about uploading a new vid at higher rpm. Dang it. My silly brain loses things from time to time. I'll have one up tomorrow. Sorry to anyone who was expecting it!!