Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 reasons reviewers will like Micra more than Mitsubish Mirage

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I'm so sick of econo cars with the CVT's

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    You needn't have worried about the durability of the Suzuki 1.0L engine in the Fireflies/Metros/Swifts: they're surprisingly tough. I've seen more than a few run to 300,000 km and beyond. Ironically, rust sent more of those cars to their graves than drivetrain problems.
    Of course, those were wonderful little engines, but all else being equal, an engine that doesn't have to work as hard should last longer. 300,000 km is impressive when compared to typical Big 3 fare, but I've seen plenty of Honda Civic's, Toyota Echo's, and Mazda 323's go well past double that and beyond with basic maintenance. I fully expect a 1.6L Micra in the hands of a sensible driver to be able to reach the million kilometer club.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KrautBurner View Post
    I'm so sick of econo cars with the CVT's
    They're adding them to get better mileage. With the upcoming mandates to increase fuel economy, this is just one of many design changes that net an increase in mileage.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    Of course, those were wonderful little engines, but all else being equal, an engine that doesn't have to work as hard should last longer. 300,000 km is impressive when compared to typical Big 3 fare, but I've seen plenty of Honda Civic's, Toyota Echo's, and Mazda 323's go well past double that and beyond with basic maintenance. I fully expect a 1.6L Micra in the hands of a sensible driver to be able to reach the million kilometer club.

I don't think I'd be worried about almost any maker's engine (except maybe Chrysler). These days there doesn't seem to be a lot of engine issues with vehicles. Its the other stuff that tends to break more often.