Thread: Three Micra video reviews

Thanks

Three Micra video reviews

This is a review of the UK version of the current generation (K13) Micra. It shows the "pre-facelift" car with the smaller UK/Euro 1.2L engine.

Still, it talks about many of the features we will get. This first one starts by showing the trick rear fold/flip rear seats. I hope we get those in the Canadian car! I asked someone who looked at the Micra at the Toronto car show, but he didn't happen to check for the "flip up" function when he was looking in the back.

Pros:

- feels "built to last"
    - at home in town
    - good outward visibility
    - super tight turning circle

Cons:

- handling at high speed... lots of body roll (Note: Canadian cars will get double stabilizer bars to address this)
    - cheap-feeling, plasticky interior
    - no telescoping steering wheel
    - uninspired exterior styling

Overall:
    "Cheap to buy, cheap to run, and being a Nissan should be very reliable too."
    These points may apply to the Canadian car with the possible exception of the handling (Canadian cars are supposed to get twin stablizer bars). And of course the newest versions of the Micra have since had a "facelift" to address the criticism about the "uninspired" exterior styling.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Here's another one. Same thing: a UK review of the pre-facelift car, with the smaller engine:

Pros...

- well built, well-screwed together
    - lots of interior stowage space, cupholders, door pockets
    - driver's arm rest
    - easy to use controls
    - rear seats very easy to flip/fold
    - mentions tight turning circle like the previous video

Cons...

- again notes lack of telescoping steering
    - highway speed handling is unresponsive, not very enjoyable

Overall...

cheap to own, practical vehicle... but feel that Nissan could have done a bit better

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    One last video, again from the U.K.

This reviewer takes Nissan to task for what he feels is uninspired driving character & bland design. He thinks Nissan made it dull & stodgy to avoid offending too many people throughout the 160 countries where the car is sold -- "internationally inoffensive," he says.

The kindest thing he can say about the way it drives is that it's... "functional."

(Again note that the Canadian car's suspension may be tightened up compared to this car.)

He likes the engine, and thinks the car is a good value, but overall finds it a bit "stale" in the very lively & competitive Euro "supermini" subcompact segment.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Besides the sway bars being added for Canada, do we know of any other differences between the Micra here and there?

Thanks
    The official Nissan press release says the Canadian car also has adjustments to the steering, but it's not completely clear what is changed:

road testing in Montreal resulted in the power steering and suspension being fine-tuned for Canadian roads ... the rack and pinion steering was further adjusted to improve the turning radius.

http://nissannews.com/en-CA/nissan/c...icra-press-kit
    I don't understand why they would improve the turning radius - arguably we have wider than average roads vs. the rest of the world. So maybe they mean turning response (ratio). Or maybe they tuned assist levels. Not sure about that one.

Thanks
    Oh, also, it seem the base UK Micra comes with smaller 14 inch wheels/tires, where ours will have 15's as standard, and 16's optional. So that'll also help with handling.