Thread: Micra Review Jil McIntosh - base S 5-speed - autofocus.ca

Thanks

Micra Review Jil McIntosh - base S 5-speed - autofocus.ca

Check out Jil's review here.

Thanks
    Nice review but it's basically just a review of the Micra S trim. It was too limitating and did not speak enough of all the features available on the other trim. The Micra is not only a base version with no commodity at all. for example, the seats are not the same in the S version vs the SR version. I find my seat very comfortable, even if I drive 5 hours on the highway. Some of the things that they downgrade the Micra for, are better in the SR version. My mirrors are electric and heating, no manual. I don't find it noisy either.

And finally I thought that one was funny:
    ''and it’s not going to get the stares when you pull up in it.''

because this morning I was stopped by a school crossing guard as he stepped in the street in front of my car with is STOP sign up. I stopped and he ran toward my car, I opened my window and he asked me if is was the new Micra and I said Yes...and he said 'you have such a cute little car' and he asked me how I like it. He wants to buy one. Well, each morning since I got that car in October, I pass in front of that school and I get the ''stare'' from him. so yeah, you still might get the stares! lol!
    Last edited by dani3d; 03-23-2015 at 11:32 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Maybe it's you he's looking at.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    nah, he wasn't staring when I had my other car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    Nice review but it's basically just a review of the Micra S trim. It was too limitating and did not speak enough of all the features available on the other trim.
    This appears to be Nissan's plan.

All the initial reviews of the car when it was launched were only of the SV and SR models. They did not release the base S model to journalists -- probably because they would have complained more about the lack of features!

Now they've released several base S Micras into the press fleet and they're getting a second round of reviews of the car. This time the writers' angle is "we finally got our hands on the cheapest car in Canada. Here's what it's like."

It's good planning on Nissan's part. They're getting a lot of free advertising with two rounds of reviews.

$9998 was a smart marketing move.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    i gotta say, the conv pkg is well worth it, esp if you live in urban places like me