Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from the Fraser Valley

Thanks

Smile Hello from the Fraser Valley

I am still in the process of buying my MT SR, waiting for delivery at the dealer...

First new car, which I'm sure is common for Micra buyers. Moving from an '02 spec-v that I quite loved but is dying a terrible death.

I've almost always driven Nissan, Pulsar nx, JDM Pulsar, two spec-v's...

Very stoked to get back to having a little pep bucket rather than my 2.5L guzzler...

Will post photos when she is in.

I do a lot of highway driving (~50k/yr), and will let the forum know what my mileage looks like..

Hi.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.2 mpg (Imp) ... 15.3 km/L ... 36.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site!

Whats the ETA on your new Micra?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Welcome to the site!

Whats the ETA on your new Micra?
    I think tomorrow, it is coming from Annacis.

I splurged and coloured my door handles and mirrors, but those will take a bit longer to come in I think.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.2 mpg (Imp) ... 15.3 km/L ... 36.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nichol View Post
    I am still in the process of buying my MT SR, waiting for delivery at the dealer...

First new car, which I'm sure is common for Micra buyers. Moving from an '02 spec-v that I quite loved but is dying a terrible death.

I've almost always driven Nissan, Pulsar nx, JDM Pulsar, two spec-v's...

Very stoked to get back to having a little pep bucket rather than my 2.5L guzzler...

Will post photos when she is in.

I do a lot of highway driving (~50k/yr), and will let the forum know what my mileage looks like..

Hi.
    I found my commute to be on 80Km/h roads, and better on gas @ 6.0L/100km. When I hit the highway and maintain 120-125Km/h, the consumption increases to 6.6 L/100km. Not terrible, just funny how it's the opposite of what normally people will see. It's a great car for the city. Enjoy the car when it comes it. I sure like the fell, peppy and stick shift as well.

Cheers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yeah I'm stoked, although it looks like a black SR does not exist and the black SV is going to be a few weeks out? This whole buying a new car thing is a pain in the ass. Dealer will loan me a Versa in meantime though apparently so smeh.

Thanks
    So... since there's no black SR available, are you going to dress up an SV? A couple of owners here have added the SR skirts & spoiler on non-SR's.

Welcome!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lbarouf View Post
    80Km/h roads... @ 6.0L/100km. When I hit the highway and maintain 120-125Km/h, the consumption increases to 6.6 L/100km. Not terrible, just funny how it's the opposite of what normally people will see.
    Fuel economy geek (that's me!) needs clarification... What do you mean by the opposite?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Well I think I have a handle on the economy issue. Still only 2/3 of the gas my Sentra does.
    I am going to put red mirrors and handles on it. And my 17" black and red rims. I want to replace the head unit anyway.

Thanks
    Are the rims on your Sentra now? Post a pic.

Also have you seen... Thread: Have you ever owned/driven an OLD Micra? Other Nissans?

Thanks
    LOL. I meant, often cars display a higher MPG on highway, and lower in city. Manufacturers display also a combined.
    I believe Nissan Canada says our Micras are 8.6L/100Km in City, and 6.6L/100Km on highway. I personally see 6.2 in town and highway only is 6.6~6.7L/100km. Not sure if all Micras behave the same. But my feeling is if you don't go above 90Km/h, you get better mileage. Even at a steady 110-115Km/h on the highway, I don't go much below 6.6.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...