Thread: Jalopnik: The Cheapest Horsepower You Can Buy Today (includes Versa 1.6L)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Jalopnik: The Cheapest Horsepower You Can Buy Today (includes Versa 1.6L)

http://jalopnik.com/the-cheapest-hor...day-1533295835

Jalopnik has a nice article about new cars and compares cost to horsepower. Nissan Versa shows up as #9 on the list.

Micra would end up at #8 on the list (just above GT500). Since they have the Tata Nano, it's not just US cars. I'd make a post and mention the Micra, but I don't feel like setting up an account just for it.

Thanks
    Haha, an entertaining read. I had wondered if the Nano was going to pop up on the list.

Thanks
    Funny! I saw that list too.

I think the Nano is on there mostly for LOLs and it's not really meant to be an global list. I have a feeling there are other featherweight and cheap Euro and/or developing market cars that would beat some of these.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hah, I remember how I compiled a Watt per Kilo list based on the cars available over here in the early 90's.
    The runner up was the Subaru impreza Turbo; you could get way over 200 hp for the same money as a Golf GIT of those days... 4 wheel drive and all. A complete no-brainer.
    The winner however, 4 times cheaper, the FSO Polonez... its 60 hp engine had to propel a sea container worth of badly fitting steel, making it one of the slowest accelerating cars; yet the proud winner of the power per money list!
    It did rust quite fast, though.

One of my friends took special interest in that list and bought the Impreza. And another one. And now owns a BRZ...
    He skipped the FSO though

Edit: Did I write GIT? I did... Ah well, I'll leave it like that, it kinda ftis.