Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultra Racing suspension parts for the K13 2015 Micra

Thanks
    Necro bump appreciated!

We have ZERO objections to people bumping old threads to add new information.

Glad to hear you're happy with the result. What are you considering next?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by not_a_bot View Post
    As a note, he (an ex pilot with a mechanical engineering degree) said that the 4 point strut bar does more damage than good to our kind of car. It should only connect the struts.
    Did he explain why?

I would assume it's because the rad support is not very strong and the torsion cause it to distort. The fire wall is stronger and closer, that why some strut bars are a Tri-brace and connect to the fire wall.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (03-23-2016),MetroMPG (01-29-2016)

Thanks
    My apologies, life is a bit hectic at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Necro bump appreciated!

We have ZERO objections to people bumping old threads to add new information.

Glad to hear you're happy with the result. What are you considering next?
    Im leaning to get the rear struts bar made. Also, currently measuring and gathering info as to where I can get some stainless steel parts cut, as I plan to make me a Cold Air Intake set up. If successful, I could share the cutting templates. Oh, will build an Oil Catch Can as well, but as I want a quality end product, Im taking my time, gathering materials/supplies and the like.
    Life is expensive, at the moment, so Im taking it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Did he explain why?
    Apparently the way our car is built, where metal sheets are spot welded, the vibrations transferred to the radiator frame are harmful, and would cause premature failure, pretty much what IMPUL said.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to not_a_bot For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (03-23-2016),MetroMPG (02-05-2016)

Thanks
    Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by not_a_bot View Post
    If successful, I could share the cutting templates.
    That would be much appreciated!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

I would try to copy the micra cup intake. It mounts to the engine. But it needs a piece added for the stock oil/air separator so you can get rid of the filmies piece in front of the t/b. The ITG foam filter jc60c can be purchased on ebay.

So we can have a micra cup intake but improved. I'd buy one!

If your going the catch can route instead of using the stock oil/air separator that me already have don't use a vta system. We have. Maf and that loss of air will throw off the ecu. I'd suggest mounting it near the battery as manuals don't have the transmission ecu.

http://itgairfilters.com/product/jc60c-jc60c/

I think it's the jc60/60c but could be /67c it depends on the tube size for the intake so once you figure that out. Justake sure the maf sensor is correctly spaced in the tube
    Last edited by IMPUL; 02-05-2016 at 01:45 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Intake pipe

Looks like the maf sensor is relocated to right infront of the t/b . Probably not a bad idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    I would try to copy the micra cup intake. It mounts to the engine.
    I actually took off the whole air filter case assembly, and you end up with 2 threaded holes left unused.
    Based on that short micra cup car engine bay shot, that's what they used to keep their intake in place, and it makes sense.
    K.I.S.S., Im told.
    About the air/oil separator thingy, I was thinking of limiting my pipe right until (and including) the MAF sensor, so I wouldn't mess with the PCV piping.
    Regarding the Oil Catch Can, I was planning to install it right after the stock oil/air separator (assuming you mean the square-ish sealed block that my engine has between the crankcase and the throttle body), somewhere I read it actually helps with the pressure involved in the system, so that the Can wouldn't be exposed to pressures it wont be able to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    That would be much appreciated!
    Now thats motivation! Trial and error, here I come.

Thanks
    Aaaaand just now, after posting, page reloads and suddenly what I wrote is redundant.
    Heh.
    Im going with stainless steel because its cheaper to cut and weld, and the weight involved just doesn't justify going with aluminum.
    Besides, yesterday one of my teacher provided info as to where I could get the laser/water jet sensor mounting made, really, the hardest part. After that, I get me a 2.5" SS 90° elbow, and after cutting the mounting bracket, weld everything together.

Thanks
    Was on ebay today doing some searching and came across this http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CUSCO-FRONT-T...FVgqal&vxp=mtr