Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else like the Nissan Cube?

Thanks

Anyone else like the Nissan Cube?

Name:  nissan-cube-buffalo-600x317.jpg
Views: 1729
Size:  37.1 KB

When these became available in North America in 2009, I didn't really pay much attention.

But they've grown on me, and I can now say I really like the fun & funky style. (Apparently not enough people shared that opinion though, because they cancelled the Cube last year.)

Considering the Cube is built on the same platform as the Versa & Micra, I though to myself... hmm I could see myself picking one of these up. With the same 1.6L engine and a manual trans, they're probably reasonably fun & efficient around town (not so thrifty on the highway... its overall shape is a bit of a problem there).

And! They're coming into my price range.

But about the engine... I was WRONG.

Searching for used manual transmission Cubes today, I discovered they only came with a 1.8L. There goes Nissan, hot-rodding cars again!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I actually got to ride in one for the first time in the Fuji prefecture of Japan in 2007. I was there to explore and be young and crazy, and my new friend Yuichi took me for a ride in his. We ended up going all over Japan over the summer, and my fondest memory was when I asked him to take me to where the drifting was happening. I was really into Initial D at the time, so we drove to Haruna on the weekend, and we went up the mountain at about 11pm. I remember getting to the top where there was a little overlook where cars could park. It was nothing but S14/15's, Skylines, Rx7's, and even a few AE86/AE85's. And two dorks in a Front wheel drive Nissan Cube. We ended up talking to everybody, having a great time over a can of hot coffee. (Yup, that's a thing) We ended up driving the crap out of this little cube down the mountain as fast as we could surrounded by screeching tires and sideways sports cars. Since then, the Nissan Cube has always brought back awesome memories of being terrified and excited at the same time. A good friend of mine recently got one as a work vehicle, so the first thing we did was wait until night, and take it around some corners way faster than it was ever intended. I love the Nissan cube, not because it's the most stylish, or the fastest, but because it brings me back to a time when I was having the best summer of my life. Weird story aside, I love it.

Thanks
    yike! I always thought it was one of the ugliest on the road. I much prefer the look of the Soul.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Really? We have opposite opinions there! I don't like the Soul.

Funny thing about the Cube: there isn't a square corner on it. It's got circles & curves everywhere.

Mike Hideous - epic Cube story. My story is intensely boring: a girl I went to school with, now a bank teller, drives one. That's my story. Your story wins!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    yike! I always thought it was one of the ugliest on the road. I much prefer the look of the Soul.
    same

the cube is up there with the leaf, murano and, to a lesser extent, the xterra & titan in terms of how ugly nissans can be

micra is really the exception tot he rule.
    PS: xterra is now getting cancelled too

Thanks
    I love the ''Grinch Who Stole Christmas'' and all the little people in whooville...but not their design sensibilities.

NO.

Infact, ''NO'' would have been a great name for this...thing.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I guess I'm getting out-voted on this one!

Some context: I also love many of the quirky Kei class Japanese cars & mini-trucks. And the Cube is about as close to those as we have gotten. (Along with the previous gen Toyota/Scion xB... did that one even sell in Canada? But I prefer the Cube to the xB).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I guess I'm getting out-voted on this one!

Some context: I also love many of the quirky Kei class Japanese cars & mini-trucks. And the Cube is about as close to those as we have gotten. (Along with the previous gen Toyota/Scion xB... did that one even sell in Canada? But I prefer the Cube to the xB).
    Hey Darin, I like the Kei class cars too. Previous gen Scion xb (up to '07) was great, not perfect, but I loved it regardless. Not available here...you had to get one from the US if you wanted one.. Unfortunately they screwed the xb styling big time in '08.

John.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Agreed: the redesigned xB is a dog.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Agreed: the redesigned xB is a dog.
    Hey we agree on something!

If they ever thought to introduce real Kei class cars here, I would be much more forgiving with my styling critique. Unfortunately it's probably never gonna happen though. I think we are stuck with ugly little safety bubbles like ''Smart'' and ''iQ''

Ten Grand Tin Can