Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 352hp K13 Micra - SR16VE+Turbo engine swap

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

352hp K13 Micra - SR16VE+Turbo engine swap

It doesn't use our beloved HR16DE, but instead he swapped in a SR16VE and turbocharged it to 1.3 bar (18.8 psi).

Thanks
    Looks like a fun car...

But I think he needs to practice a lot more. A rolling burnout is pointless in a FWD car and will draw the ire of many track operators. Seemed way off on his shift points and didn't even bother trying to cut a good light. I'd guess ricer-kid that is more interested in being cool than being fast.

Thanks
    To me it sounds like hes built a car before and is familiar with the engine. The SR16VE was last used by Nissan in 2004, almost a decade ago. IMO a much better fit would be to go with the MR16DDT, the 1.6L direct injected turbo engine in the Juke. It puts out nearly 190hp stock! It might not be 350 hp, but it would be a ton of fun, and I'm sure it would be a lot more streetable.

Thanks
    My comments had more to do with lack of driver skill than the car itself...

Thanks
    Hilarious!

Sounds like you may have done a few runs yourself, Darcane. Why would a rolling burnout draw ire?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    If the turbo doesn't lag too bad, that would be a seriously fun car to drive.

The reason most people at tracks don't like a John Force wanna-be burnout past the lights (especially with front wheel drive) is because the rear tires are dragging water from the burnout box down the track, ruining the next guys run. There is also the fact that a long burnout like that is useless as far as the length of the burnout, and that he appears to be on street tires. Soft slicks NEED a nice burnout to get them warm; street tires just need a quick spin to clear any dust from the tread.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 2000neon For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-02-2014)

Thanks
    As Neon said, there's not much need for a prolonged burnout on street tires, and even with slicks you mostly want to stay in the water box. Tracking water onto the starting line is not helpful.

It also wastes time, and most tracks don't have a lot to waste. FWD has an e-brake that makes it super easy to keep it from rolling during the burnout.

Rolling burnouts are typically done with cars that have no brakes on the front wheels (like rails) and are incapable of burning out in the water box. They also lay down a patch of hot rubber on the starting line that helps with traction.

I grew up around an IHRA drag strip that my parents own and operate...

Thanks
    It looks to me like hes on Drag Radials. In which you only need about a two second burnout. He needs to fix his rear brakes so the car won't move in the box. More practice shifting is a must also.lol

Thanks
    jeesus his shifting isnt that great either... hitting the limiter before shifting doesnt do you any good.. but.. this could be a first run and might have caught him off guard.. Its quick.. I love seeing people soup up little cars without aadding rice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yup, needs better driving.

Hey - just noticed there's a bunch more vids of this turbo March in action on his YouTube channel.

EG:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...