Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I debadged mine

Thanks
    I was able to remove the dealer's decal on the hatch this afternoon. Even if I told them not to stick it, they did it anyway.

Well you just need an hair dryer, and a car detailing product (I did use AutoGlym Rapid detailer).

First step, just heat up the decal with the hair dryer for just a couple of minutes, then pull it slowly from one end while keeping blowing hot air. It's a breeze to remove it. Then just clean the sticker residue with the Rapid detailer, and voilà!

This video is pretty useful :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdmC9oIvseo

License plate frame from the dealer came out too this afternoon

Thanks
    Removed the S, V, and pure drive today. I had thought of leaving the S to confuse some people

Also, I used the hair dryer and fishing line method. I'd be careful of just peeling off the emblems as you will use the bodywork as a fulcrum, with the thumb indent issue on the doors I wonder how easy it'd be to dent the rear hatch this way.

Thanks
    Fulcrum? I just used some thin fishing line and sawed back and forth with the end of the line wrapped around both index fingers.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hideous View Post
    Fulcrum? I just used some thin fishing line and sawed back and forth with the end of the line wrapped around both index fingers.
    taking the badge off by pulling would be a class two lever. lifting one end, resistance of all the sticky crap in the middle, and the other edge of the badge would be the fulcrum pushing back into the bodywork. I think the fishing line/dental floss is the best way to go.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I used heat gun and dental floss...then wiped down with goo gone, PERFECT!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sayonara For This Useful Post:

SvB (03-25-2017)

Thanks
    heat gun, dental floss and goo gone works great.

Thanks
    Don't forget to wash and wax after you debadge! any protecting wax would not be applied under the badges.
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks
    I removed the dealer sticker and the PureDrive. My car is white, red and black. there's no place for an ugly blue batch!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    That is an ugly one. When my girlfriend got her new Versa, (Metallic Brick Red SV) the first thing she asked me to show her how to do was take that pure drive monstrosity off!
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    I removed the dealer sticker and the PureDrive. My car is white, red and black. there's no place for an ugly blue batch!
    How did you go about removing the dealer sticker? I've had problems with them in the past and even though I really dislike them, I usually leave them now.