Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Dangerous: foot getting stuck on plastic near gas pedal - 2015 Micra SV

Thanks
    Ya it's a "volunteery campaign" not an official recall but still good as I've noticed a few times my foot got caught and almost at bad times but managed to pull it out before it's too late, i thought it was just me. I went into the dealership yesterday cause there was rattling near my muffler and turns out the metal sheet surrounding the area a couple clamps are gone and the sheet is loose they are ordering a new one for me and when I went they told me about this and got it fixed here's what it has looks like now.

Name:  wHbj1SW.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  51.5 KB

http://i.imgur.com/wHbj1SW.jpg

edit: i dont understand y it wont attach pictures.

Last edited by L1ghtninchris; 06-02-2015 at 03:56 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to L1ghtninchris For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanks for the update, L1ghtninchris.

Not sure why it wouldn't attach your pic - I just tried it and it worked for me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Got the recall notice by mail yesterday. I won't get mine done. "trimming" is the term used, I would call it butchering. anyhow, as long as it's safe for everyone. They did say to go in if it applied to you. Since it doesn't apply here, I guess I'm lucky.

While checking down there, I noticed the steering column is all rusted. Anyone else noticed that?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    ya i press the photo button and attach image from url and tried pc neither one did anything no ok button or anything so i press the X and no photo would show. Now that they "trimmed" it I cant even get my foot caught on purpose which is nice. Doesnt hurt to get it done since it wont cost you anything and it takes no time at all for them to do it.

Thanks

happened to me

I experienced this problem in the Micra S loaner I had from Nissan last month. That car didn't have the recall modification to the lower plastic part of the console.

It only happened once in 2 weeks, and at the time I was just wearing normal summer running shoes, size 9.5.

It wasn't a bad situation -- nowhere close to being "stuck" -- but it was a brief snag that definitely got my attention.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    They seem to be trimming them on delivery now. Just got my new Micra today and the plastic is definitely trimmed back compared to the pics earlier in this thread. See the pic I posted in my Garage. I don't know if the dealer did the trim (they didn't mention it) or if it is coming from the factory that way.