Thread: Hello, and Thank You

Thanks

Hello, and Thank You

A quick hello, and a thank you to those who post here

When my 03 Subaru Forester with 230,000 kilometres started having problems, I started looking at used cars in the 2010-2011 range. Because I was looking at those years, I never saw any Micras. One day I stumbled across them, went on to research and found this forum. The enthusiasm displayed here led me to buying one.

I picked up my S yesterday. I am extremely impressed by how it drives, and all you get on this base mode. It is a lot of fun to go back to manual transmission after many years of automatics. It seems the perfect car for us.

Thanks
    Hello, SunshineCoast!

Wow, another Micra S manual - and congrats. It's so interesting how many base Micra owners have joined here vs. how many Nissan projected they would sell.

(Thread: Micra Garage stats overview... forum members love their 5-speeds, SR's and base S's )

I've never visited your particular neck of the woods, though I've been around Van, Squamish, Whistler etc. & over to the island a few times.

Welcome to the forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thanks, MetroMPG. It's a pretty neck of the woods, but much like Squamish / Whistler-- worth a visit if you ever get back into this region.

I wonder, too, if Nissan underestimated the demand for the S. I did closely consider the SV / SR (had the cash for whatever). But for several thousand dollars, I am happy to manually crank down the window. Also, in our old Forester, one of the big price repairs was when the drivers window motor burnt out-- learned that the fewer the gadgets, the fewer the repair bills. I also felt like Nissan was probably using the under $10 K tag to get people into the showroom, and up sell to the SV / SR-- and so it felt like winning the game to choose the S. Very happy with my decision.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site. Its great to have another Micra owner join us!

Thanks
    Thanks. I think this site will be really handy, if / when questions or problems arise. There won't be the usual resources from the large USA population. Glad to have found the site.

Thanks
    I keep reading comments that Nissan USA is watching the Canadian Micra with interest, but I believe it won't turn up south of the 49th.

I have seen visits to our forum from Nissan HQ in Tennessee, but it's impossible to say what that means.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...