Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nissan is still thinking about selling the Micra in the U.S. (or are they?)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    *Finger to head Psych style*

I am sensing immense rebates on the Mitsubishi Mirage in late 2015...

(Micra coming to US)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    From: http://thehomedirectory.com/2014/04/...-not-us-bound/

“Yes there would be space for the Micra, but my view is it’s not worth it,” said Nissan North America VP of Product Planning Pierre Loing during an interview at the New York Auto Show. “There’s always space for anything,” he continued, “but at some point you reach a limit between what you need to do to make known that you have this new vehicle. You end up spreading your resources in terms of commercial effort over so many vehicles that you end up peppering the whole thing [the market] when in my view you should focus on core products. That’s what we’re doing now in the U.S.”

Thanks

fresh denial from Nissan USA

EDIT: whoops - I posted the same thing while you were posting.

----

Nissan USA has issued another "NO" to the idea of bringing the Micra to the U.S:

“Yes there would be space for the Micra, but my view is it’s not worth it.” -- Nissan North America VP of Product Planning Pierre Loing
    The concern: too many products dilutes marketing efforts, plus the risk of cannibalizing sales of the more profitable Versa sedan & Note hatchback.

Also, he repeated the idea that Americans don't like hatchbacks as much as Canadians & Europeans (which is why the Versa sedan was cancelled in Canada with the arrival of the Micra).

Read the full article: http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-us-bound.html

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

Nissan Canada's explanation for the U.S. Micras...

The official word from Nissan Canada's head of marketing for the Micra...

Because North American engineering work (for Can/US/Mex) is done in the southern U.S., the Micra that was spotted could have been one that was being tested for either the Canadian or Mexican markets.

Sounds disappointingly plausible, doesn't it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

they're reconsidering it

Micra: Nissan continues to study bringing the Micra minicar to the United States. The Micra now sells in Canada, and its platform is in production in Mexico, yielding other Nissan nameplates. A U.S. entry likely would fall after 2018.
    http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...r-of-the-truck

Given the year mentioned, I bet that means they won't do it before the K14 platform is in production in Mexico, which is going to be later than production for Europe/Japan.

Thread: 2016 European Micra K14: some details released, based on Sway concept

Thanks
    Another thought: that "potential" U.S. year gives us a big hint about when we can expect the K14 platform to replace the current Micra in Canada: the 2018 or 2019 model year.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Another thought: that "potential" U.S. year gives us a big hint about when we can expect the K14 platform to replace the current Micra in Canada: the 2018 or 2019 model year.
    That will likely be the end of micra cup factory support

Thanks
    What happened with Honda/Michelin when new platforms came out?

Thanks

Next gen Micra in the U.S.? They say NOPE.

With the introduction of the production version of the 2017 Micra at the Paris auto show last week, some U.S. journalists have been wondering about plans for the redesigned car south of the 49th:

The new Micra still won't be sold in the U.S., according to Josh Clifton of Nissan North America's communications team, who said the company had "no current plans for the Micra in the U.S."
    Source: http://www.greencarreports.com/news/...canada-perhaps

Thanks
    As I stated on an overland/adventure site I am on, it's to small and too efficent for the american market. The american micra is the armada!