Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nissan is still thinking about selling the Micra in the U.S. (or are they?)

Thanks
    SubcompactCulture.com has picked up on this thread:

Is the Nissan Micra Coming to the U.S. After All?

And they raise a few more interesting points:

• Nissan does not have an A-segment car to compete against the Fiat 500, Smart ForTwo, Scion iQ, or Chevrolet Spark.
    • The Nissan Cube is likely going away for 2015, which could allow for another small car entry into the lineup.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Darin and I were talking the other day. We're wondering, if Nissan won't bring the current K13 Micra to the US, perhaps they'll bring the K14 here. The K13 is already a four year old design. Its been around since 2010. Why bring it here for just a year or two? My bet is the K14 isn't far off, and its very possible that we will see there here in the US.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Note-ified View Post
    the extra cargo capacity and significantly larger passenger capacity make the Note worth it, but for someone just looking for a run about for city driving i can definitely see the Micra filling that role. Like someone said in an earlier post, the micra would be good for short trips and in city driving and the Note would be better suited for long family trips with it's larger cargo area and room to stretch out for passengers and with the tech goodies that the Note would offer over the Micra i can definitely see the Note being worth $4k more than the Micra. As far as the US being more into sedans, i am seeing that trend reversing in a big way...especially here in california i am seeing alot more people go for hatchbacks over their sedan counterparts within the last year.
    I don't know too much about the Note other than the commercials I see, but what about the Versa sedan? Only 2k more if I remember correctly.

I am disappointed the Cube is on its way out, a great vehicle in many ways. My only complaint was with the seats. My sister had one and when sitting shotgun, it was like I was a hot dog in a tub of water- just floating around as the car moved. She turned left, I violently rolled right. Right, and I violently rolled left. Any change the car made, I ended up following. My futon in college held me in place better lol

Thanks
    More info to say Nissan will not bring the K13 Micra to the US:

With no plans for the United States, Micra will truly be a Canadian car and has been extensively tested and perfected for the Canadian driver with features like...

Thanks
    Just words. Words, words, words. They said the same thing about Canada not too long ago.

Not worth the electrons they're printed on.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    FYI, I occasionally see hits from Nissan's Smyrna Tenn. HQ in the server logs. Today someone was searching for Micra MPG info.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    FYI, I occasionally see hits from Nissan's Smyrna Tenn. HQ in the server logs. Today someone was searching for Micra MPG info.
    That's cool. :thumbup:
    It's always interesting to see the maps of people following, and how wide spread something is, or becomes.

Thanks

Another U.S. Micra sighting

Mikhail, who took the photo at the top of this thread just let us know:

Today (04.07.14; 7:03AM PST), spotted Nissan Micra in the city of Beverly Hills on Coldwater Canyon and Mulholland Dr. It had zebra stripes on the hood and the roof, testing devices on the wheels, and license plate on rear bumper only that belongs to state of Michigan.

I wasn't able to take a picture because I was driving on the canyon.

Thanks
    There's going to be a Micra invasion; it's going to take over the world!

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    6 million+ sold already, I think it's well underway.