Thread: Horrendous fan noise in my MICRA (heater fan)

Thanks

Horrendous fan noise in my MICRA (heater fan)

Back three weeks ago when we had a cold snap in Southern Alberta when it got below -20 ºC when I start my car with the defrost on I was getting a horrendous fan noise coming from behind my centre console here: http://youtu.be/pGhn1eaDraY

I emailed my (former) service manager (I no longer work at a Nissan dealership and sent him the link to my YouTube video above. I dropped it off the next day got back to me the next day about ordering a new heater blower motor for me. Unfortunately I am still waiting.

It's been really nice over here with temperatures up to 19+ ºC in Lethbridge so I am not too worried though it does take a while for my SR to warm up. Hopefully I don't have to wait much longer as I would like to get this fixed before it gets cold again.

- @NilotheFilipino on Twitter

Thanks
    hmmm..we get -20 very often here, and 19C is very far away. Lucky you! I thought Alberta was colder than Quebec but I see it's not the case as you often have temperature above freezing in winter, and we rarely see this.

Next week it's going to be -24 again...I am sick of winter already.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Ugh well the cold is back and finally dropped of my MICRA last night to FINALLY have my heater blower motor replaced. Got a Red MICRA SV as a loaner but when I got inside it, the freezing rain we had during the day in Lethbridge had iced over the entire windshield. Had to wait a good 20 minutes to get the defrost to melt all the ice before I was able to go. I had no scraper with me and the last time I had my dropped off my SR for service, they had the loaner all ready warmed up and ready for me to drive away in.

Then I get a call from my (former) service manager this morning saying that they "ordered the wrong fan" for the heater blower motor that I had to wait an entire month for!

So I have to wait another two days for the ""right" fan to arrive...

Thanks
    Obviously there's a clearance problem somewhere... my first thought was: a bit of ice in the housing. But that would go away after blowing hot air through it.

I hope you the dealership will tell you exactly what the problem was.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...