Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear wiper (enable rear washer on S?) -- solved

Thanks

Rear wiper (enable rear washer on S?) -- solved

Anyone noticed that the hatch has the rear washer fluid spout on the S ? Anyone has looked for the tube, see if it reaches the front engine bay? I'd like to enable the was he fluid if possible. I found this winter to be pretty harsh on the accumulation of dirt in the back. I have to stop in a gas station to wipe the back window every second day.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Um, the S does have a rear washer, right? You press the washer lever away from you, I think. I use mine all the time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to krssctt For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-29-2015)

Thanks
    Ok, so after a trip to the dealer today I showed the sales rep what I meant, and they took it in and lifted it. They said the didn't connect it in factory. 20min and everything was fixed. And can you forget to "connect" the wiper?
    Anyhow, it's done. Thanks for confirming that it should have worked.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    On a slightly different note, anyone seen a real winter wiper for the rear? The OEM one gets jammed with ice easily and won't wipe anymore ironically. I was contemplating finding a 11-14" model that would fit in the back. The adapter is much wider than normal and I couldn't find a "winterized" version to fit from Michelin, Trico or Pylon. Dealer just has that one.

If anyone sees anything...

thx,

Thanks
    Maybe the SR rear spoiler could be advertised as another special winter feature for the Canadian Micra: the overhang keeps snow/ice off the rear wiper!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I don't have those icy problems, hehe
    I don't like the rear sprinkler(?) I had it checked, and its supposed to work by gravity, is it the same on yours? the water just drains down, doesn't spray

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sebastian For This Useful Post:

Pete (02-28-2018)

Thanks
    Be careful! I put a heftier winter wiper on my original Micra so it could do a better job clearing the ice and snow, and I eventually burned the wiper motor out. Best to clear it with a snow brush and scraper, then use the defroster to keep the snow melted so the wiper doesn't have to work so hard.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Best is to first engage the glass heater button to let it warm up and then when it's warm just use the fluid. If it is really icy, then I clean it first with a gentle scraper.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    Be careful! I put a heftier winter wiper on my original Micra so it could do a better job clearing the ice and snow, and I eventually burned the wiper motor out. Best to clear it with a snow brush and scraper, then use the defroster to keep the snow melted so the wiper doesn't have to work so hard.
    Did you buy the OEM motor to replace? Or can I use a Versa Note motor to replace? Killed mine last winter, then broke the fatigued metal that was seized when attempting to fix it.

Thanks
    Angecope - see my reply in your other thread. Used ones appear to be available from wreckers:

Rear wiper motor replacement

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...