Thread: 2nd Airbag light (passenger airbag light sensitivity)

Thanks

Unhappy 2nd Airbag light (passenger airbag light sensitivity)

Has anyone been getting their passenger airbag light coming on often?
    It seems my switch, or the switch... is ultra sensitive. I placed a pair of gloves on the seat, and light came up! It is now often on, even if there's nothing there. I tried pressing the seat a few times (I'm not sure where the pressure switch is located) and sometime it resets fine. When passengers actually sit. it's off as it should. Just annoys me when I'm commuting to see the darn light on.

Thanks,

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Owner's manual (1-47) says...

The light will not illuminate when the front passenger seat is unoccupied.
    I'd be taking that in to the dealer!

I don't know what detection system Nissan uses. Some use an electric field sensing microchip that determines the presence, location and size of what's in the seat (or not). You might want to make sure that's working right. (Particularly if you ever ride as a passenger. )

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yeah, I'll see when I can get it in. Sort of safety issue..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Went to the dealer today. They said the switch is a pressure switch in the button cushion and made an adjustment to it, as well as oil it. It seems to be doing the trick. Now lights come up if I put a bit more pressure than a pair of gloves while driving. And when passengers sit, it also does not light up. I'd like to see where it is myself in case I need to adjust this while on the road.

Thanks
    My passenger air bag light does the same thing. Unlike some of the blue bloods (hehehe) on this forum I didn't buck up for the SR with its fancy arm coddler, so when I occasionally rest my hand on the passenger seat, a dash light reminds me I have an air bag over there!

Cheap is as cheap does and I couldn't possibly care less about that stupid little light and its persistent, but futile battle to irk me into doing something. Take that you stupid little switch.

Coffee time!
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    ;-)
    I'd get the armrest I saw on fleabay if it wasn't removing the only one for back passengers. If they can make one that give you 2 cup holders for the back while giving you extra storage, I'd buy it.

Same happens to me, if I don't have my hand on the wheel or lap, its on the right seat. There goes the light.