Thread: Video: 2014 Nissan March/Micra NISMO

Thanks

Video: 2014 Nissan March/Micra NISMO

116 HP 5-speed manual transmission

Nissan press release:

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/NEWS...0624-02-e.html

The March Nismo, offered in two grades, combines head-turning Nismo styling with excellent on-road performance. The car will appeal to motorsports enthusiasts as well as a wider range of customers who desire a car with a sporty nature wrapped in an efficient and affordable package. Of note, the March Nismo features the company's aerodynamic technology that has been honed through the Nissan GT-R's involvement in the Super GT Series, Japan's top road racing series. Thanks to the refined exterior, the March Nismo achieves zero lift, resulting in improved road -holding ability and increased driving stability. Two trim levels will be offered: the base March Nismo and the March Nismo S. The base March Nismo is intended for customers who are environmentally and financially conscious—the fuel economy is equivalent to that of the stock Nissan March—while wanting to make a sporty statement through the car's enhanced exterior, which boasts improved aerodynamic performance. The upgrade model March Nismo S will appeal to driving enthusiasts who appreciate the values of motorsports-inspired technology and added performance via more power and superior handling.
    Highlights of March Nismo include:

• Motorsports-inspired technologies, highlighted by a specially-tuned suspension system that provides excellent handling, better overall agility and increased driving pleasure than the stock March. A custom exterior design with improved aerodynamic performance and dedicated interior.
      Two grades are offered:
    • The base March Nismo, based on the original X grade with a 1.2L gasoline engine with the Idling Stop system and XTRONIC CVT.
    • The performance-oriented March Nismo S, equipped with a specially-tuned 1.5L gasoline engine mated to a 5-speed manual transmission and featuring enhanced body rigidity.

March Nismo <MSRP (sales tax included)> (Currency: Japanese Yen)
    Drivetrain Engine Grade Transmission Price
    2WD HR12DE Nismo XTRONIC CVT 1,540,350
    HR15DE
    [Nismo S special tuning]
    Nismo S 5MT 1,770,300 ☆Photo
    XTRONIC CVT: Continuously Variable Transmission
    5MT:5-speed manual transmission
    UPDATE May 2, 2014 ... a more detailed walkaround video:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Nice body kit. I wonder what was done with the suspension and engine though.

Thanks
    I'm sure they tightened up the suspenders. Looks lowered, too.

MicraK13NL thinks it may get a 1.5L turbo:

Quote Originally Posted by MicraK13NL View Post
    But, there is good news, Nissan will release a Nismo version of the Micra, specifications are unknown so far. Rumours are a 1.5L turbo engine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Where would they be getting this 1.5L turbo from?

Thanks
    I like how they added the touch of red to the air splitter (and the touches of it everywhere else). I think I would eliminate the fogs though and use the holes for ducting air around the front corners (like some of the high end manufacturers do). Not as big of a fan of the rear end though. I think it is the upper half that is throwing me off, it's just too flat.

Thanks
    kinda looks like the Fiat Abarth... but much better. I dig the rear diffusers.

Thanks
    I dug up a bit more info on the March Nismo version. It looks like they did a bit more work than I expected to the car. The car has a customized interior. The 1.5L HR15DE they put in it is producing a very respectable 116 hp. They also revamped the suspension, and added bracing as well.

More info:
    http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/NEWS...0624-02-e.html
    http://www.nissan.co.jp/MARCH/nismo.html#id02

This is google translated off the Nissan Japan website:

Suspension
    Only tuning up to tire, steering, suspension from the brake.
    By foot around a firm and lightweight, compact body, handling with the aim is March NISMO / NISMO S is, of dumping in highway seam of the road surface is large and steering feel, can trace the corner accurately entered by a blow to the line that I aimed It is a flat ride which worked. To this end, and at the same time fine-tune the movement of the suspension, steering gear ratio is also tuned to the quick NISMO S. I realize running sticking to the road surface and light, was also added stabilizer further. In addition, the tire size up to 205/45R16. Also brake and power steering, tuning is performed in the Thorough attention.

Name:  march_nismo02.jpg
Views: 2136
Size:  26.6 KB

Body
    NISMO S obtained a further sporty and improved rigidity of the body components.
    The NISMO S equipped with 1.5L engine, corresponding to the torque is largely improved, racing technology is fed back to the body as well as suspension. In strengthening and rigidity of the site a large load is applied, a basic menu is, one front suspension member stay, two of the floor tunnel stay two places, 3 and rear suspension stay, 4 is the addition of tail crossbar. And with optimal body reinforcement while considering weight balance Further, without impairing the beauty of March of lightness. Due to changes in the steering gear ratio, improved rack rigidity is achieved. Run of the NISMO S tuning of these produce will tell you that the joy of driving is not the only power.

Name:  march_nismo01.jpg
Views: 2466
Size:  25.0 KB

Power Train
    Engine & Transmission claiming clearly the personality of the two, 2 NISMO / NISMO S.
    NISMO with an emphasis on enjoyment of day-to-day running of the town use a 1.2L engine + Xtronic CVT. NISMO S that target also run of the winding road is a 5-speed manual with the 1.5L engine. The concept is common but, there is a different claim to clarity in the run. HR15DE of 1.5L is fine-tuning even electronic control cam profile, compression ratio, exhaust system, the ECM, among others. I can taste the manual only, the pleasure freely manipulate with strong low-speed torque.

Name:  march_nismo03.jpg
Views: 1790
Size:  9.7 KB Name:  march_nismo04.jpg
Views: 1789
Size:  8.5 KB

Thanks

Micra NISMO for Canada?

Will the [Canadian] Micra receive the Nismo treatment to compete with Ford’s Fiesta ST hot hatch? [Nissan Canada President] Meunier’s response is an enigmatic smile - ”Never say never”.
    Source: http://www.autos.ca/auto-shows/previ...-nissan-micra/

Thanks
    That would be relatively easy to do with the Juke's 1.6L direct injected turbocharged MR16DDT engine. Its already a 1.6l so it should fit with not a horrible amount of modification (its not like they would have to develop a new engine). Add in a beefier suspension and some fancy trim and you got it. The price would jump up like crazy, but that is... well the price you pay for performance.

The Micra is also like ~600 lbs lighter than the Fiesta ST, so it would be significantly faster with the 188 hp MR16DDT.

Thanks
    Added another, longer walkaround YouTube video of the NISMO March to post #1.