Thread: RocketMan MINI may happen?

Thanks

RocketMan MINI may happen?

Well, just got reminded of this today, sounds promising, too bad I can't say LOOKS promising LOL...this is one concept car that you hope looks nothing like the retail version.

Love the idea of the small size though..just make it look like a regular MINI, or better still : more like the original!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos...rks/ar-AA8u3ZK

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I kind of like the dark gray body parts, but not the ...is that a glass top? yuck

And what about the lights in the back looking like NEON sign? Is that even possible? If they build it like that, it won't take long before some punks decide to pull on it to move the car around, lol! They look like handles.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    I kind of like the dark gray body parts, but not the ...is that a glass top? yuck

And what about the lights in the back looking like NEON sign? Is that even possible? If they build it like that, it won't take long before some punks decide to pull on it to move the car around, lol! They look like handles.
    LOL, you are absolutely right that is a see through top. That, along with all the rest of the ugliness would be a deal breaker for me. It is the size and light weight construction that I like.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    That really just looks like a die cast toy. Not a fan

Thanks
    I used to be a fan of the Minis when rover owned them a while back. I'm not sure if it's the perspective, lighting, or a mix of things, but it does look like a die cast model for real. Have they taken a picture of a toy car?!?!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Die cast toy? Funny you guys mention that...the original unveiling of the RMan concept employed a giant ''card stock'' box and even foam end protectors for the car inside! The pics show the ugly truth of just how ''mini'' this MINI really is though. A regular MINI in the same pic would shock anyone.
    Those suits! LOL hope the cheque was worth it guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Ten Grand Tin Can

7. The Following User Says Thank You to aftica For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-29-2015)

Thanks
    Wow - that is small! Yes, the new Mini is HUGE by comparison.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Maybe that IS the concept. Toys for boys.

Somewhat related, our car, the beloved K13, is in a class called SuperMini. That's because british press didn't know how to call this new category of cars. Bigger than the mini, small than the normal sedans (and more super!).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...