Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dutch owner of a K13

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Dutch owner of a K13

Hi there,

I own a K13 1.2L for one year now. Before the K13 I owned a K12 1.6L, a K12 1.2L and a K11 1.3L.

My K13 1.2L is a 80bhp 3 cylinder engine. It's in Tekna trim, which consists of Keyless Entry, climate control, park distance control, satnav, panoramic roof, folding heated sidemirrors and heated seats.

I really enjoyed the 1.6L engine in the K12. Don't know if it's the same engine as the one in Canada/US, it was a 110bhp 4 cylinder engine.

The K13 is a great car. Small but not too small. Affordable when buying and very affordable in maintenance.

Some pictures of my K13:

Best wishes from Holland

Thanks
    Welcome to the site MicraK13NL! You are our first owner on the site.

Wow, you're quite the Micra enthusiast! Which one was your favorite car? We would love to see some pictures if you have some handy.

Also, what is park distance control?

Thanks
    Daox: I'm guessing it's a proximity sensor system. Note the little sensor on the corner of the bumper by the front wheel.

---

Welcome K13NL!

The panoramic roof is fantastic - probably my favourite feature. I like the colour choice too.

Did you track your fuel consumption with your K12 1.6? Ours is rated 109 hp, so it seems it may be the same motor.

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Of all Micras I owned I have to say the K12 1.6L was my favorite. In Europe it was a sports edition with stiffer suspension and other features just for the 1.6L. It was called the 160SR (SR meant StreetRacer). The K13 1.6L will not have these features as Nissan stopped making a sports edition. But, there is good news, Nissan will release a Nismo version of the Micra, specifications are unknown so far. Rumours are a 1.5L turbo engine.

Fuel consumption of my K12 1.6L was about 7L per 100KM, which averages about 1:14 tot 1:15. The engine code was HR16DE. So it will be easy to compare if it's the same engine.

Park distance control (or PDC) indeed means parking sensors. Apparently it's more of a brandname than a global term for parking sensors. The K13 has parking sensors at the back and the sensors at the front are just for measuring a parking space if the Micra can fit (you slowly drive by an empty parking space and it will tell you if the Micra will fit).

The colour of my K13 is Spring Green which was a special introduction colour in 2011. This colour is no longer available.

Here's a picture of my K12 160SR:

Thanks
    Ahh... nice pic! I love the styling of the K12!

What made you spring the cash for a K13?

Thanks
    I know the K12 styling was polarizing, but I like it best.

I assume you also had a manual transmission in that one?

Quote Originally Posted by MicraK13NL View Post
    Fuel consumption of my K12 1.6L was about 7L per 100KM, which averages about 1:14 tot 1:15. The engine code was HR16DE. So it will be easy to compare if it's the same engine.
    Merci, monsieur. Yes, we are getting the HR16DE, so that should be comparable.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    What made me spring the cash for a K13? Well, I already know the Micra is a simple but fun car to drive. Already owned three before and the dealer made me an offer for the K12 160SR I could not refuse ;-)

In Europe the K12 1.6L was only available with manual transmission. In Europe a lot of cars are standard with a manual transmission. Has been for ages and probably will be for a long time to come.

Looking at the specs of the current HR16DE, it looks very similar but I'm sure it will be more economical with fuel consumptio than the HR16DE from the K12 which was introduced back in 2006.

Thanks
    K13NL, does your car have front & rear stabilizer / anti-roll bars?

The news about the Canadian car is that it will get both front & rear, which should tighten up handling a bit. In a couple of reviews of the UK K13 Micra, the reviewers didn't have much praise for the car's handling.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    K13NL, does your car have front & rear stabilizer / anti-roll bars?

The news about the Canadian car is that it will get both front & rear, which should tighten up handling a bit. In a couple of reviews of the UK K13 Micra, the reviewers didn't have much praise for the car's handling.
    The european version doesn't have the stabilizers. When driving a little faster through a corner, my K13 does suffer from a little bodyroll. But, even the K12 160SR had the same problem. Apparently they decided to change this for the Canadian market.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MicraK13NL For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-03-2014)

Thanks
    Thanks for the info!