Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mazda updates the competition - redesigned 2016 Mazda 2

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Yes, Kei cars! I have been sorely tempted by the Honda Beat.
    I've seen one or two of those around actually, the look doesn't really do much for me but I like the sizing. Now, the new N-One... I would get on a pre-order list for this. If only...

(Sorry for getting us OT )

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Have you ever been tempted to get one? I've seen more than a few Kei's for sale around the GTA.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Have you ever been tempted to get one? I've seen more than a few Kei's for sale around the GTA.
    Never tempted on the ''Beat'' due to the right hand drive.
    But the N-One...if they started selling these here proper... there is no question as long as they're sized and styled like the Japan versions.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

A few more Mazda 2 tidbits...

Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    Ho hum...bigger, heavier
    Right you were! A few more specs trickling out:

-- 113 horsepower, up 13 from the current car

-- weight is up by 88 lbs to about 2400 lbs, about 100 more than a base Micra.

-- gains nearly 6 inches in length, 1 inch in height and 3 inches in wheelbase

Source: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...debut-montreal

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Its a thumbs down for me.
    10 acre long hood.
    Front grill that could devour small aircraft.
    Mirrors that jut out from the door.
    However I do like the headlamps. Big fan of those LED "eyebrows".
    Rear hatch is slanted too far foreward.
    Media system pokes out of the dashboard so there is going to be zero chance of aftermarket options and uses a mouselike stick in the center for control.
    Cupholders are behind, beside the driver.
    Only one analog guage, the tach. I like my needles.

In other words.. NOPE.

However, I do like how Mazda makes all thier products to look similar.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Right you were! A few more specs trickling out:

-- 113 horsepower, up 13 from the current car

-- weight is up by 88 lbs to about 2400 lbs, about 100 more than a base Micra.

-- gains nearly 6 inches in length, 1 inch in height and 3 inches in wheelbase

Source: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...debut-montreal
    LOL! What a joke. I won't ask ''what were they thinking?''... because I know the answer: most people will buy into all this hook line and sinker (and that's ok) it's just that I'm always hoping a mfg would build a car that purist nutter like me could really get behind.
    1)So, other than this guy most people will not notice the car is so much bigger and if they do they will welcome the extra size...but why not just buy a bigger car and leave the small cars small, for those of us who like 'em that way?

2)Most people will not notice or care about the extra weight...88 lbs on something as large as a car? pffftt...but, next time you at the gym, grab two plates, 90lbs (heck you might even be able to grab a yoga girl that big) and toss 'em (or her) on the passenger seat, go for a drive and tell me now you notice no difference. (especially if you chose the yoga girl and she was non-compliant )

3)But they increased the power (by 13HP! OMG!) to try and mask all this bloat? well, @ 100lbs more than the Micra and only four more HP? That's easy math, still behind the Micra's power/weight ratio LOL

It's about time they just leave the airbags in the racing Micra, in order to sell them (street legal) to nuts like me.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

Thanks
    much wow.. very unique..

*CLANK* Oops.. Dropped something.

*BANG*

Oops. Dropped something else..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of the long hood style on a FWD car. Too fake. Is the Beemer 1 series FWD too?

Thanks
    Right now they are rear wheel drive (I think) rumor has it there is an all wheel drive model, but I have never seen a legit one.. In 2016 tho, they are going to front wheel drive according to the rumor mill.

Thanks
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of the long hood style on a FWD car. Too fake. Is the Beemer 1 series FWD too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Right now they are rear wheel drive (I think) rumor has it there is an all wheel drive model, but I have never seen a legit one.. In 2016 tho, they are going to front wheel drive according to the rumor mill.
    Sad, but true. I just Googled it. It's gonna be front wheel drive. Thanks guys.

Worthy of a small rant, but I'm too tired...one small voice of sanity tilting at corporate windmills and all that...

Ten Grand Tin Can