Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speakers and radio suggestion

Thanks
    Ok, I got a radio and speakers from walmart (liquidation section had what appears to me to be a good deal). The Sony head unit has a regular antenna connector and a single connector for power and speakers. The factory unit, a Clarion PP-3442C, has two harnesses coming in two connectors, a sub connector for other stuff (appears to be for the steering wheel according to the service manual) and a main connector for speakers and power (that's what I made of it anyhow). And of course, the Nissan GT13 antenna connector.

I find harnesses from Metra, and Scosche for both speakers and one for the antenna. I'd rather use a combo cable that can connect both sides at the same time, but I can't find a Clarion to Sony cable, so I guess I'll have to crimp no matter what way I look at it. Unless someone knows of a product that I don't. That 3rd harness/connector is throwing me off though, there's no steering wheel controls in the S, why put those in anyway? If I were to buy a steering wheel with the controls, could I simply plug them in the steering column or somewhere there, and expect the controls to work? Providing that my after market radio can actually use them?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Oh... once I get the harness adaptors in and get it working, I'll take pictures.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...