Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: block heater problem (where to pass the cord outside?)

Thanks

block heater problem (where to pass the cord outside?)

Hi,

I have been trying for one hour to find where the heck is that block heater plug supposed to go? I see no hole or space where I can squeeze that plug to reach the front grill. What the heck? There is no info on it in the manual either.

Where does it go? Do I need to unscrew some pannel in order to pass that cord?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Just a quick thought. There's most likely enough space between the bumper and the hood to pass it there, not that anybody would want to.
    I was really hoping i could get it to that opening on the bumper where the tow hook is supposed to go but haven't had enough daylight time to check.
    Another idea. Use a plastic tie wrap to fix the plug to the bottom of the bumper and do the same to the wire so it doesn't drag on the floor.(Probably what i'll end up doing)

P.S. It's Freezing outside, you spent an hour standing in front of your car?

Thanks
    yep, my hands are a wrek, swollen and badly scratched. Why the heck did they put a block heater and no place to put it??

I have put the extention cord just in front of the radiator inside the hood but I will have to open the hood tomorrow morning and unplug this and put the block heater cord back to where it goes. I wanted to avoid this since I will get my work clothes all dirty etc... I wanted to tie it on the grill so that I don't have to do this each morning and get myself dirty.

I think I will bring the car at the dealer and have them fix it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Is there enough of a gap at either the front or side of the hood corner to pull the cord out by that side, and then close the hood? Or will you end up pinching the cord?

Thanks
    You can phone or email Go Auto Nissan South in Edmonton. Someone there seems to have figured out how to get the block heater cord out, as pictured below on the Micra from this listing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ustauk For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-06-2015)

Thanks
    I could not see any way to do this since there are plastic parts that block the way and the radiator with its metal parts. Although it was dark and I used a lamp, so it was still hard to see. I guess it would be easier to do this if the car can be lifted off the ground. I tried getting underneat to see but even if I am small I could not squeeze in.

Thanks
    No you cannot close the hood on the cord anywhere as this would definitely smash the cord. The hood fits tight.

Thanks
    I can confirm the job on the grey Micra. Sorry no pics but ill explain.

To start, there is an opening between where the cable rests and the intake tube. Pass it ALL the way down. Then look at the front of the car. On the Black grille of the bumper on the right side you will see there is a thin plastic flap(You should also see the plug you just sent down). That's where you want to pass it.
    There are 2 opening on the bottom of the car, one where where the plug ends up and one closer to the front grille. Its pretty tight but it goes. i think it was actually conceived to do just that. Also there is a clip that i put on the grille to keep it there but beware, it scratches the plastic.

I hope this helps anyone having difficulties with the block heater cord and good luck !!

Thanks
    Thanks for the info, although I have no idea what is the intake tube and what you call the cable rests. Do you mean underneat where the cable of the block heater was originaly stored? On the right of the battery? So you have to pass it from underneat the car then?

Thanks
    Yes, right next to where the cable was originally stored. If you look straight down you see an opening. you need to send the cable to the bottom. Now on the bumper did you see the opening next to the flap i was talking about? If you pass it from underneath you'll never get it back in.
    At this point you need to reach your hand under the car where the cable is and send it straight forward towards the flap. you probably won't get it all the way like this so there is another opening closer to the front just big enough to put your hand in. A little dexterity is required.