Thread: a/c weird noise

Thanks

a/c weird noise

Hi guys, I've been hearing a weird noise coming from the a/c each time it's on, it's a crack not loud enough to hear when you are driving nor when you have the radio on, however, it sounds from the second I turn the a/c on, and comes up every 10 seconds or so, and only stops when It's back off.
    Do you happen to have the same "issue"?
    I'm taking it to the dealership to have it checked next week, but I'd like to know if it happens/has happened to someone else, or is it a normal thing in these cars?

Thanks
    Yep. Normal. Its the A/C clutch engaging and disengaging. On ours and the versa (note) its particularly loud and cycles between idle and compressing around every 10-15 seconds at idle with the AC or defroster on.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (07-28-2016),Sebastian (01-02-2015)

Thanks
    I never noticed this with my car, but I am jealous that you are still using AC. Here it's -20 and runing the heater full time to keep warm!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dani3d For This Useful Post:

Sebastian (01-02-2015)

Thanks
    Lol, yes, I use it all the time, we don't get much of a winter here nearby the Equator. And don't be too jealous, I've got to use it because of the constant traffic jams. I don't want my lungs to look like my air filter xD

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Yep. Normal. Its the A/C clutch engaging and disengaging. On ours and the versa (note) its particularly loud and cycles between idle and compressing around every 10-15 seconds at idle with the AC or defroster on.
    Took it to the dealership today! They showed me the A/C working in a Versa, which also made a similar noise when as you said, the A/C clutch engages. Thank you. (they also failed first trying to show it on a diesel pick up (no A/C clutch sound at all) hehe)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sebastian For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (07-28-2016)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    they are like that

Not mine... Sans a/c

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...