Thread: Micra just misses out on "2015 Best New Small Car of the Year" from AJAC

Thanks

Micra just misses out on "2015 Best New Small Car of the Year" from AJAC

Name:  micra-ajac2.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  53.2 KB

Doesn't get much closer than this:

The new Honda Fit scored 678 points, with the Micra nipping at its heels at 670. So the Honda is AJAC's 2015 best SMALL CAR (under $21k).

The categories where the Micra scored better?

• Driver Position & Ergonomics (7.5 Fit / 7.6 Micra)
    • Visibility (7.9 / 8.0)
    • Subjective Value (7.8 / 8.0)

See the full evaluation/comparison: http://ajac.ca/web/ccoty/2015/compar...ry.asp?cat=176

In the judges' comments about the Micra you can see some who thought it should have won:

- Bon timing, bon produit, bon prix. Une sérieuse candidate pour la voiture de l'année.

- At just over $15,000, the Micra SV is a great value for the money.

- A revelation as to what small cars can be. Not cheap, not slow, not sloppy, just fun, efficient and versatyle.

- Canadian Car Of The Year? I think so and have since the summer of 2013 when I first drove one.

- No Wonder it will also be a racing car, it's so much fun to drive...and at a reasonable price!

- A happy face on wheels!
    And some did give it a win, elsewhere: Nissan Micra named Best City Car, 2015 (le Guide de l'auto)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Those are some pretty high marks. Fit owners generally LOVE their car from what I've seen and heard.

Thanks
    honda fit 2015 is a seriously, seriously good car for its class (according to the countless reviews i've watched/read).
    ....except for the questionable minivan looks, and a number of mexican reliability issues. other than that....big congrats to honda.

i think micra getting a 'close 2nd place' is a deserving spot. it's certainly better than spark or mirage. Possibly even the yaris or versa note (same engine in smaller car = win).
    Vancouver SNOWpocalypse !!!!1!11!one (....not really)

https://youtu.be/IZcz-MqjuzQ

Thanks
    The Honda Fit may be a good car, but I couldn't possibly care less because it is hard to imagine an uglier car. I like Honda but their styling is going in a bad direction lately. The original fit was a cute, kinda quirky design that could look really good if optioned out properly. The second generation sucked much of the life out of the design and now for 2015 they have completed the transformation into an ugly, over styled little mini-van. Congrats Honda, but why? It's not like the soccer mums are lacking for choice. Sheesh.

And while i'm at it, good job on screwing up the civic too! Painful to look at.

Every mfg tends to do this and for the life of me I can not understand why.
    I fully expect the K14 Micra to be complete ****e Too
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    The Honda Fit may be a good car, but I couldn't possibly care less because it is hard to imagine an uglier car.
    Yeah, the new Fit is definitely not pretty. But... Mirage?

I can't wait to see what they do there. They've been all over the styling map with the Micra!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    The Honda Fit may be a good car, but I couldn't possibly care less because it is hard to imagine an uglier car. I like Honda but their styling is going in a bad direction lately. The original fit was a cute, kinda quirky design that could look really good if optioned out properly. The second generation sucked much of the life out of the design and now for 2015 they have completed the transformation into an ugly, over styled little mini-van. Congrats Honda, but why? It's not like the soccer mums are lacking for choice. Sheesh.

And while i'm at it, good job on screwing up the civic too! Painful to look at.

Every mfg tends to do this and for the life of me I can not understand why.
    well...i have to disagree with you there. As bad as the fit currently looks, the first two gen's i thought were worse!

and the civic with the u-shaped silver chrome is literally the sexiest civic ever. If you are referring to the other similar-but-not-exactly-same civic designs....i guess i agree.
    Vancouver SNOWpocalypse !!!!1!11!one (....not really)

https://youtu.be/IZcz-MqjuzQ

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micrapolis View Post
    a number of mexican reliability issues
    Hopefully the issues aren't related to Mexico-related!

Video: Micra from Mexico -- How Canada’s cheapest car is built (driving.ca

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micrapolis View Post
    well...i have to disagree with you there. As bad as the fit currently looks, the first two gen's i thought were worse!

and the civic with the u-shaped silver chrome is literally the sexiest civic ever. If you are referring to the other similar-but-not-exactly-same civic designs....i guess i agree.
    Beauty is in the eye and all that...but I think you blind, bro! Kidding!
    My brother's GF just got a new Civic (4dr)and it's a nice car, but can't stand the looks. The overall shape is fine, it's the styling details they messed up on, they looked better a couple years back IMO.

I spend a lot of time driving and there is not much else to do but look at cars, so I really start to nit-pick all the stylins'

Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...