Thread: Hello

Thanks

Hello

I bought a 2015 Micra SR a few weeks ago and I am very pleased with it. I particularly like bluetooth (my first experience with it) and the b/u camera. I purchased a manual transmission because that's part of the fun experience. I had a couple of trips to my cottage (240 km one way) and calculated my fuel economy at 43 mpg. There was no problem with the hilly terrain as L'il Red was more than a match for the climbs.
    I had the dealer perform a Diamond Kote treatment along with regular spray on undercoating. In addition, I had a spray on soundproofing treatment done and an upholstery treatment to boot.
    It's a great little car that reminds me somewhat of a Subaru Justy I had eons ago.
    Best...

Thanks
    What part of the province -- I don't suppose you happened to see the Micras in the Targa Rally (Nissan Micras (two!) competing at Targa Newfoundland 2014). Red SR's like yours.

43 mpg ... Imperial, I assume?

Welcome to the forum!

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

Hey Darin

Hey Darin,
    I'm from St. John's but living in the adjacent community of Portugal Cove. Actually, my introduction to the Micra was from a distance and while on the road. I've owned close to 30 vehicles over the years and always enjoyed the smaller ones. It feels like the union of car and driver is closer in the smaller cars. It wasn't the same in my Lincoln Town Car that I had up until three years ago. Don't get me wrong as I enjoyed it immensely but for altogether different reasons.
    I had a fairly close look at a Mirage but did not take it out for a spin. I read that on the highway and if you wanted to pass another vehicle, you really needed to sit with someone to plan how best to accomplish the move. Knowing when the next downhill was coming up would definitely come in handy when trying to pass while driving the Mirage.
    The Micra sort of captivated me with its good looks, fuel economy and manufacturer's respectability.
    43 mpg (imperial) on a couple of longer trips with speeds ranging from 90 to 115 kph. (I have a 5.9 L Dodge p/u that maxes out at 16 mpg hwy).
    Thanks for the welcome message.