Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A frightening photo: NSFW

Thanks

A frightening photo: NSFW

All of the stereotypes you might have heard about people who drive big pickup trucks are frighteningly present in this picture captured by my dash cam today.

You have been warned.

Name:  stupidtruck.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  70.8 KB

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I don't get it. I see nothing nothing wrong with this picture. Heck, we don't even know anything about her. Might not even be her truck. Might be her husband's who needs it for work, might be a company truck etc... I have a Micra but I do drive my company's pickup trucks sometimes and yes they do need it and yes I do have to fuel from time to time. 150$ and more, but it's the company paying. There are good reasons why someone would choose a pickup over a Micra. Try to put a fridg in a Micra and you'll see. A dishwasher is ok though. My friends have 2 pickup trucks, one that they use for work and another that they use with a camper over it for traveling. It's really great for that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    All of the stereotypes you might have heard about people who drive big pickup trucks are frighteningly present in this picture
    Nope! No "truck nuts!"

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Another 4x4 that has probably never left the pavement in its life, hence the big shiny shiny rims and side steps.. Yup. And if he made his wife pump the gas, that pretty much yep.. And the parking.. Yup.

You nailed it good there Alpha. Im surprised they got the right side for the filler cap.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I see something wrong with this picture. Vehicle in middle of lane.

After my 40$ fill-up I'd be pissed to wait for their 150$ !!!!! (Not to mention the 8 cars behind me)

Be courteous to others. Your not the only one out there.

Thanks
    I'm a dick.

I actually have waited for a truck to pull up at the pumps and filled my tank to watch thier angst as It goes over $100 for them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I'm a little late here, but like dani3d.... i'm not getting it either. Is it the bad parking?
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    The aggressiveness of big pickup truck drivers continues in Ontario. If you wonder why there are so many accidents on highways around Toronto, this is the reason why. If it wasn't for my razor sharp amazing driving skills, this probably would have been another accident:

Backstory: I was overtaking the red vehicle when I noticed a pickup truck coming up REALLY FAST in my rear view mirror, just as "Helter Skelter" came up on my MP3 song list. Not wanting this jackass on my bumper, I hastened my pace in overtaking the red car to safely move over and allow the pickup truck driver plenty of time and space to safely pass at his excessive speed. What happened next can be seen in the video, and was completely unexpected.

The resolution and speed of my dash cam is amazing; I usually call out the license plate number as my old dash cam would not have been able to resolve it in action; it would have been blurred. In true 1080p of my new cheap web cam, the actual number was captured no problem, and was reported to the police.
    Name:  2397wp.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  19.6 KB

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

Howie (12-05-2014),MetroMPG (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Holy ****!!! Oh my ***king god.. Wow!

What a dipswitch. Wow! I would be absolutely livid! Incredible. Im gobsmacked at that one- What a bonehead!

Man. That driver has a serious case of truckitis, (micropenius tinybrainicus) Even for the gardiner thats a real bone head move.. That pisses me off.. Should be legal to perform a pitt manouver and get em loose for the safety of others.

Thank you for reporting that arsehat. I hope he got multiple fines that will wisen him up before he takes someone out with him. Or her. Who knows.

Thanks
    ^^ I saw your reply before I watched the video, and I thought you were being sarcastic.

Nope!! That was some fine driving there! (Sarcasm.)

The only problem with reporting "vehicles" is the police want a physical description of the driver, because they can't charge "vehicles".

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...