Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New dash cam caught dangerous bus driver!

Thanks
    Well, good luck to you if you wish to pass on a solid white line, Anonymous; I've seen people pulled over and ticketed for this, but clearly you know better...and, in case you didn't notice, I left plenty of space for this bus, even past the solid white line, and, while I was surprised that this bus made an illegal lane change, it wasn't entirely unexpected, as TTC drivers in Toronto are notorious for their terrible driving, and, as you can see, I still was able to safely accommodate the bus making the illegal lane change with only gentle braking...and finally, the "Yield to bus" law says nothing about illegal lane changes, though I did yield to the bus anyway in spite of the illegal lane change...oh wait, not illegal, just "Not recommended" according to you. Of course, you didn't notice that, in the driver's handbook, it was referring to yellow solid lines, not white solid lines, which isn't mentioned in the driver's handbook, because the driver's handbook is NOT the Highway Traffic Act. I do thank you for at least providing part of the Highway Traffic Act pertaining to this, which actually supports my claim of an illegal lane change.

In any case, I did observe this bus also run the red light, which is not uncommon for TTC drivers. Enjoy.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I am sorry but I don't even see the point of debating this here. Nobody can do anything here to correct the situation. Only you can bring this to the authority responsible so this can be taken car of and if they feel that this driver did drive dangerously, then they can take corrective mesures. Did you even report it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    All I gotta say is.... well, nothing! I've said my bit. If you don't like how the ttc operates, grandstanding here won't get you anywhere. Go see the toronto police with your video and contribute.

But the camera is really good.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yes I would be very interested in knowing what camera it is and how it is setup in the car. How do you record the video from this? I read a webcam? so is it connected to a portable computer??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Just re-watched the video again, and I noticed (for the first time) that, after accelerating, the bus driver braked three times; almost as if he/she wanted me to get closer before making the lane change at the last minute. This illustrates that I was not accelerating, but rather the bus was decelerating. This bus driver had every opportunity to merge normally into the left lane at the proper dotted white line section if he/she wanted to. Very odd behaviour, especially when this bus driver blew through the red after.

And yes, I already reported it. Picture of dashcam to follow.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yes I noticed him breaking a few times. I thought that was odd. He did have plenty of time to change lane but he hits the breaks??? wierd. There was no car in front of him either.

Please give us some detail about your camera setup.

Thanks
    Attachment 836

It's completely self-contained, contains a 32GB MicroSD card, overwrites the oldest video files with the latest ones in a continuous loop. Apparently has a g-shock function. Bought it at Canada Computers (my favourite store). Similar in function and price to this:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00I...=renewtopia-20

Need this too:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B008...=renewtopia-20

Thanks
    eh sorry, but im with anonymous.

yes some bus drivers are asses but they have right of way in many situations. And no disrespect, but use common sense. A solid white line doesnt mean "never pass, period". And a bus has to go a certain route, meaning he has to take certain lanes at the right time.

i highly recommend at least 3 second following distance, or more.
    Vancouver SNOWpocalypse !!!!1!11!one (....not really)

https://youtu.be/IZcz-MqjuzQ

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    Just re-watched the video again, and I noticed (for the first time) that, after accelerating, the bus driver braked three times; almost as if he/she wanted me to get closer before making the lane change at the last minute. This illustrates that I was not accelerating, but rather the bus was decelerating. This bus driver had every opportunity to merge normally into the left lane at the proper dotted white line section if he/she wanted to. Very odd behaviour, especially when this bus driver blew through the red after.

And yes, I already reported it. Picture of dashcam to follow.
    Again, I'm sorry bro but you having to re watch your own video to see that the bus driver touched the brakes, tells me that you did not observe him at the time. Like I said in my first post on the subject, it is clear from the vid that you are pressing him (or just not paying attention) and he is trying to decide what the heck you are up to.

A courteous, attentive driver would have maybe flashed the driver or hand signaled him to move into the lane. Having said that, I will say again... that the TTC driver took a bit of a chance too... because of your driving style, he is not sure if you are letting him in or even if you are aware he wants to move over.

You had to stop and turn left anyway, why press the other driver?

Good luck convincing the TTC that you are totally innocent here and, LOL, definitely don't make them aware of this thread.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Today is a good day.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...