Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 185/65R15 Winter Tires on Steel Rims - 3.1% Difference

Thanks

185/65R15 Winter Tires on Steel Rims - 3.1% Difference

Hey guys!
    I know this is not exact size for Micra, but very close and may be some ( like me ) wouldn't care much about 3.1% difference from original Micra's tires size 185/60R15. Read here: http://www.streetdirectory.com/trave...dangerous.html

and go here www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html and calculate your self.

Maxtrek M7 Winter Tires on Steel rims 4:100 mounted and balanced.

SOLD

Last edited by tirePrice.ca; 12-03-2014 at 01:16 AM.

Thanks
    Chineese tires? Why not offer some good quality winter tires, like the Nokkian or toyo, or the Michelin?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Because everybody else offer them. yes, these tires made in China, but it doesn't mean they are bad tires. Most of tires made in China these days... and not only tires. Maxtrek is an American company and they located in US, but all the production is in China.
    Nokkians are only available at KAL Tire. Toyo at your Nissan Dealer, Michelin at Cosco...

This is just another option

Thanks
    btw, I also have brands like Kumho, Cooper, Yokohama, Nexen, Headway, Sumitomo, Winter Claw, Arctic Claw and others...

Thanks
    I bought my Nokkians at my Nissan dealer and they are available pretty much anywhere they sell tires. Michelin X-Ice are available pretty much everywhere as well, canadiantire sell them too. If these cheap chineese tires where anywhere as good as the more expensive tires, everyone on the planet would use them.

Why would anyone in their right mind pay 150$ for a tire when they can get one for 50$? it's because people rather trust their lives with something more reliable and safe and obviously they are not the same quality and in tires that relate pretty much to safe breaking distance in a danger situation or staying on the road in heavy snow. I think with the Micra that is so light, good winter tires are even more important. If buying a cheap tire would only mean a reduction of durability, then it would not be as bad, but when you compromise your security, stability and breaking distance on ice and snow, then it's another story.

It's ok to offer cheap tires for sale, but at least why not also offer good quality tires? Buying a cheap car does not mean people will want to put cheap tires on it and judging by what people choose on this forum, most prefer good, safe and reliable tires. Surely not everyone will have the budget for 800$ of tires, but it might endup being a very costly decision at the end. I would rather buy very good tires and put them on my rims, then buy cheap tires+rims. I think it's best to pay 600$ on a good set of tires, than to pay 600$ on a poor set of tires+rims.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tirePrice.ca View Post
    Hey guys!
    I know this is not exact size for Micra, but very close and may be some ( like me ) wouldn't care much about 3.1% difference from original Micra's tires size 185/60R15. Read here: http://www.streetdirectory.com/trave...dangerous.html

and go here www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html and calculate your self.

Maxtrek M7 Winter Tires on Steel rims 4:100 mounted and balanced.

MF Price $660 Installed

Not too concerned about tire brand or sizing. (I actually like the larger size) But that is an awfully large weight on there for balancing... a quality wheel/tire typically wouldn't need that much weight.

Question about those rims: What size is the centre bore? It needs to be 60.1mm Might just be the picture quality... but that bore looks strange? Kinda ghetto, like someone took a die grinder to it?
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    For me, it was the mileage guarantee that came with the Michelin X-Ice tires, as well as their lack of road noise compared to cheap snows. I do a LOT of driving; I've already racked up over 23,000km on my Micra; as you can imagine, I spend a lot of time behind the wheel. The Micra isn't exactly known for sound insulation, so road noise from a cheap winter tire would likely get on my nerves very quickly, and economically, if the X-ice costs half again as much as the cheap tire but lasts half again as long, it works out that I get a superior tire for the same price per kilometer of travel.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    Not too concerned about tire brand or sizing. (I actually like the larger size) But that is an awfully large weight on there for balancing... a quality wheel/tire typically wouldn't need that much weight.

Question about those rims: What size is the centre bore? It needs to be 60.1mm Might just be the picture quality... but that bore looks strange? Kinda ghetto, like someone took a die grinder to it?
    In real life, 185/60R15 or 185/65R15 doesnt make any differance in performance. You will have even softer ride...
    Yes, Its just type of weights, they a bit bigger than usual size... as for centre bore, im not sure about numbers, but it perfectly fits Micra just like OEM rim ( I install one set myself already )

Last edited by tirePrice.ca; 11-22-2014 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    I bought my Nokkians at my Nissan dealer and they are available pretty much anywhere they sell tires. Michelin X-Ice are available pretty much everywhere as well, canadiantire sell them too. If these cheap chineese tires where anywhere as good as the more expensive tires, everyone on the planet would use them.

Why would anyone in their right mind pay 150$ for a tire when they can get one for 50$? it's because people rather trust their lives with something more reliable and safe and obviously they are not the same quality and in tires that relate pretty much to safe breaking distance in a danger situation or staying on the road in heavy snow. I think with the Micra that is so light, good winter tires are even more important. If buying a cheap tire would only mean a reduction of durability, then it would not be as bad, but when you compromise your security, stability and breaking distance on ice and snow, then it's another story.

It's ok to offer cheap tires for sale, but at least why not also offer good quality tires? Buying a cheap car does not mean people will want to put cheap tires on it and judging by what people choose on this forum, most prefer good, safe and reliable tires. Surely not everyone will have the budget for 800$ of tires, but it might endup being a very costly decision at the end. I would rather buy very good tires and put them on my rims, then buy cheap tires+rims. I think it's best to pay 600$ on a good set of tires, than to pay 600$ on a poor set of tires+rims.
    You got a good point, i respect that. However, if you want, lets do this: We should compare our tires. You bring your car with Michelins or whatever you think is best and I bring my sister's Micra with one of my tires and we will have a test drive... what do you think?

...then we will see if it make sense to pay extra 400-500 bucks for a brand name
    Last edited by tirePrice.ca; 11-22-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Thanks
    I used to believe the cheap Chinese snow tires were just as good, until I bought a set. In snow they were excellent, but on dry pavement, I found them spongy in the corners and they let go too easily in hard stopping. I also found that, in spite of being stored in the garage all summer, the rubber would dry out and crack by the next season. I also found the road noise to be intolerable and could not wait to get them off my car. I tried other cheap brands (the last was Goodyear Nordic). They're a little better than the Chinese name branded tires I had before, and are good enough for the short trips around the city my spouse makes, but I would not want to suffer with them for the long highway driving times I spend in my Micra. In the future, I'll go with the comparisons made by the experts:

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...bother-134417/
    http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/n...gain/index.htm
    http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-in-china.html

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...