Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nissan annouces "Krom" limited edition Micra (based on SV)

Thanks

Nissan annouces "Krom" limited edition Micra (based on SV)

Name:  15_Nissan_Micra_Krom_4.jpg
Views: 6313
Size:  46.4 KB

No joke: I was literally thinking to myself this morning, "I wonder what Nissan will do next to keep the Micra publicity pot simmering..." when I got an e-mail alert.

Answer! KROM!

KROM?

Krom = a 600 buck accent package on either a black or grey Micra SV with convenience package: "features chrome mirror covers, door handle covers, door side moldings, trunk entry guards as well as a roof graphic and special "Krom" badge."

Nissan's site doesn't show the roof graphic, sadly, but if you want high res pics of the other bling, go here: http://nissannews.com/en-CA/nissan/c...edition/photos

Another $700 gets the fancy wheels too.

Press release...

Nissan announces the next step in affordable and fun driving with 2015 Nissan Micra Krom Special Edition

Nov. 17, 2014

• Special Krom (pronounced "chrome") edition builds on Nissan Micra's unbeatable value and fun driving experience
    • Only 400 units will be produced – available in dealerships this December

MISSISSAUGA, ON. –
    Canada's most affordable car continues to be one of the country's most exciting vehicles with the addition of a new, special edition model – the 2015 Nissan Micra Krom. This December, just 400 of these new models will be available in dealerships across the country and will feature factory installed high impact chrome exterior dressings and optional 15-inch Piano black aluminum alloy wheels to further enhance Micra's distinctly European styling.

"Nissan is Canada's fastest growing brand for a reason – we are constantly looking for ways to give Canadians more of what they want," said Christian Meunier, President, Nissan Canada. "The Micra has taken the country by storm and this special edition Krom package will set the bar even higher for what a fun, stylish and affordable car can be."

Built on the SV Convenience grade, the Nissan Micra Krom package begins for an additional $599 and features chrome mirror covers, door handle covers, door side moldings, trunk entry guards as well as a roof graphic and special "Krom" badge. For another $699, 15-inch aluminum alloy Piano Black wheels with centre caps and valve stem caps complete the full "Krom" look. It will be available in two colours - Super black and Magnetic Grey – with either the Manual or Automatic transmission.

"The Micra SV grade already features Canada's lowest entry price point for features like rearview camera, USB and power windows," said Meunier. "The value it provides, combined with the ability to customize it each driver's personality, makes Micra the perfect example of Nissan's commitment to bring the right car to the right Canadian driver, at the right time."

About the Nissan Micra:

Micra is living up to its promise to provide Canadians with more fun, more attention to detail and more value than they've ever expected in a small car. With great visibility, impressive agility and excellent turning radius, Micra is designed for Canadian drivers and will offer a small and fuel efficient, yet spacious and fun choice. Available in three models, the Micra S, SV and top-of-the-line SR are available with either a 5-speed manual transmission, or a 4-speed automatic transmission. Each model is equipped with an advanced 1.6-litre DOHC 4-cylinder engine with dual fuel injection and Twin CVTC. With no plans for the United States, Micra is truly a Canadian car and has been extensively tested and perfected for the Canadian driver with features like heated outside mirrors, rear heater ducts (to keep backseat toes warm), 60/40 split rear seats and either 15 or 16 inch wheels – sizes that are widely available as snow tires.
    Source: http://nissannews.com/en-CA/nissan/c...pecial-edition

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

NilotheFilipino (11-20-2014)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I really like the grey with black wheels...

Thanks
    Not really to my personal taste, but this is definitally gonna appeal to some people!

(neeeeEeeesaaaaaaannn??? Can I have a rally micra pls? )

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    BIG THANKS, MetroMPG! Put this up on my dealership's Facebook page just now here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9167443&type=1

We actually gave away an S model last month on our MICRA giveaway here: https://www.facebook.com/mcdonaldnis...type=3&theater Feel free like LIKE our Facebook page!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NilotheFilipino For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-20-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NilotheFilipino View Post
    We actually gave away an S model last month on our MICRA giveaway here: https://www.facebook.com/mcdonaldnis...type=3&theater Feel free like LIKE our Facebook page!
    Waaaa. Nobody told me I could win a free Micra. That crane publicity stunt is hilarious! Believe it or not, one of our members spotted a similar thing (crane + Micra) being set up in Ontario. I posted your pic/link in that thread too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

NilotheFilipino (11-20-2014)

Thanks
    Yeah I agree with Anonymous: complete waste of money, but smart marketing. The regular peoples tend to eat this crap up.

Does the car look a tad lower? I wonder if the threw in some sandbags for the photos.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to aftica For This Useful Post:

Howie (11-21-2014)

Thanks
    it does look a smidge lower doesnt it. Or maybe the wheels are larger? Hmm!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    The top pictures look lower but the closeup of the grey looks normal. I can vouch for those mags being 15" (and awesome) I don't know about width though, I think the tire has to be off the rim to measure that.

Here's the part number (KE409-1H000-BZ)

Other pics at Nissan website show the fr710's are installed.

Good job on the luxury Micra Nissan !!

Thanks
    I thought it looked a a bit lower when I first saw it, too. But I compared it to a couple of other photos and it's not clear. Maybe a visual effect of the all black wheels?

Thanks
    Another float in the bling parade...

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...