Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter floor mats

Thanks

Winter floor mats

While at the dealership, I sprung for the winter floor mat package:
    Name:  micramatt1.jpg
Views: 3511
Size:  90.6 KB
    At around $104 for the set after taxes, they seemed a little pricy, but these are form-fitting exactly to the Micra. Further, they have considerable weight to them, and the bottoms have a texture that acts almost like velcro, sticking them in place on the carpet:
    Name:  micramatt2.jpg
Views: 3008
Size:  97.7 KB
    Well worth the price tag, they look very capable of protecting my Micra's floorboards from the rigors of our winter. Plus, they have the "Micra" name molded in them (fronts only).

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I got those for free they are awesone...stick to the floor like no tomorrow

Thanks
    Yup, the SR automatic loaner I had from Nissan had those mats in it. They do look nice. And they definitely stick to the floor like crazy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I love nice winter mats in my car. Not all of mine in the past have had them, but they all do now.

Thanks
    None of you find the mats don't cover enough where the snow ends up? I'd like to see a mat covering the left foot rest, and all the way under the seat. The floor mat/carpet is already white in salt. I put that salt remover AND use a bissell to heat clean the carpets, but still leaves some ghost stains. I'm hoping to get weather tech if they make some one day. The foot rest though is the part that bugs me the most.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yes that's what I was thinking. They don't cover the carpet well enough. I bought very large winter mats at Canadian Tire and to be even safer I put thick plastic underneat the winter mats that cover every bit of carpet there is. I tucked it under the plastic on each side so there is no exposed zone of the carpet. Salt is way too hard to remove, so I am not allowing it to the carpet at all.

This is what I got:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ru...l#.VNbocj8tHaE
    Last edited by dani3d; 02-07-2015 at 11:42 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Merci Dani. I will look into that plastic "covering" in the mean time. How do you manage for the rubbermaid mats not to slip though? Don't they tend to move right and left on top of plastic though?

In regard to that aspect, I miss my range rover. I just took the hose to it and removed the drain plugs. Literally, pressure wash the footwells. The 4x4 experience was great as well, but that's pretty much all I miss from it right now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    My original Micra had a rubber liner on the floor instead of a carpet; perfect for our salty winters.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    It does not slip much because it is so large that it goes all the way from one side to the other. It is big enough so it fit snug in the available space.

The plastic underneat has a rough surface and it's quite thick. It is a industrial grade large garbage bag that I cut in half.

Quote Originally Posted by lbarouf View Post
    Merci Dani. I will look into that plastic "covering" in the mean time. How do you manage for the rubbermaid mats not to slip though? Don't they tend to move right and left on top of plastic though?

In regard to that aspect, I miss my range rover. I just took the hose to it and removed the drain plugs. Literally, pressure wash the footwells. The 4x4 experience was great as well, but that's pretty much all I miss from it right now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Dani, I have done the same thing as you in the past: bought some thick plastic (clear vinyl) and completely covered the carpeted area in the front. I tucked it under the door sill trim and went right across to tuck the other side under the center console.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...