Thanks for your response.....My first aftermarket purchase is going to be a set of mudflaps........I thought Nissan when building for the Canadian market would have included mudguards and put anti chip paint behind the wheel wells and along the rocker panels, but I know they were trying to keep costs down...the early European K13 models had "magic" rear seats and of course the electronic HIVAC system.....I digress.....this will most likely be the last car I will own, so I'd like to keep it looking good as long as possible.....I'm going to investigate undercoating, and perhaps even some "Ziebart like" rustproofing......As for BC rust issues......we certainly did in the past, when winters were colder and more salt was used on the roads.....we now seem to have milder winters, and most communities now(including mine) have gone to spraying a brine solution when icy conditions are upon us.....but make no mistake.....I had a relatively new 81 Honda Civic 1500 GL while going to Uni in Vancouver....No rust when I started, but by two years in the salt air.....I had serious fender and tail gate rust.....Early Honda rustproofing not exactly being state of the art.....they rarely failed mechanically, but most early Honda's, and Japanese cars in general, simply oxidized away.....