Thread: Hello!

Thanks

Wink Hello!

Hello everyone I'm Eric

I am picking up my metallic blue Micra S manual Thursday at 1:30 ! It appears I am also lucky. I went into the dealership to ask how long the wait would be for a manual S. To my amazement they had two I was interested in one was a caspian sea and the other metallic blue. I am the target buyer I don't have a lot of money even with this car money will be a little tight, I just need a good versatile fuel efficient hatch. Just as a side note I added rust proofing and 160,000 km warranty and it adds up fast for a "cheap" car ha ha.

Thanks
    Hey Eric - congrats!

I take it you read some of the threads here from members who had to wait ... and wait ... especially for the base manual car. (Or manuals in general.)

I added rust proofing and 160,000 km warranty and it adds up fast for a "cheap" car ha ha.
    No kidding. Do you know what kind of rust proofing they're doing? (eg. light oil, waxy, electronic?)

Welcome to the forum!

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thank you Darin for the welcome! I did feel lucky I had the opportunity to chose between two manual S Micras they had on the lot. I don't really trust the electronic rust protection myself I like old school methods. they are doing a thick waxy stuff in the doors and behind the fenders and the hard chip guard stuff and I will likely get it oil sprayed regularly. The only reason I am getting rid of my Sentra is because the body is literally designating.

Thanks
    Good. I haven't seen any convincing evidence the electronic gizmos work on cars, myself. Regular oil spray is the best defense, especially if you also get it inside panels/cavities.

What year is your Sentra? Is it a manual trans too?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site and congrats on the Micra!

Thanks
    My sentra is a white 2001 se 2.0 (SR20DE) 5 speed all the way!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eclix View Post
    I am picking up my metallic blue Micra S manual Thursday at 1:30 !
    Any news... a Micra S in your driveway?

Thanks
    Indeed my driveway is where it sits for now till the morning when it goes for it's first road trip to see the family. I am really liking the car so far! At delivery it had only 10 km which was so weird for me because I have never bought a car with less than 180,000 km on it lol. it already has 204 km on it. It is having no issue maintaining 5.7L/100 km which I am quite happy with. it has only dropped two bars which seems good considering the size of the tank.

Thanks
    Congrats! Post up a pic when you get a chance.

If you feel like posting an owner review too, go for it: Have you bought a Micra? Post a review and tell us about it!