Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows won't Roll Down in Cold Weather?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    Check and see if there's air flowing out of the two front circular vents when you have the defrost setting selected. If not, you've found your problem. If you do, try angling the side vents differently.
    I just noticed on my car, that very little if any air flows out of the circular side vents when controls are set to defrost.

You must select a dash vent setting to get air flow from these vents. (arrow points at head on control knob pictogram)

Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    I just noticed on my car, that very little if any air flows out of the circular side vents when controls are set to defrost.

You must select a dash vent setting to get air flow from these vents. (arrow points at head on control knob pictogram)
    If I have the full defrost selected (no floor vents, just front window defrost) and I crank up the fan to full, there is significant airflow both out of the side circular vents as well as the front windshield vent, but not the front square vents. If this isn't the case for you, then something's not working right and you should take it back to your dealership to get this fixed.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    If I have the full defrost selected (no floor vents, just front window defrost) and I crank up the fan to full, there is significant airflow both out of the side circular vents as well as the front windshield vent, but not the front square vents. If this isn't the case for you, then something's not working right and you should take it back to your dealership to get this fixed.
    Yeah, it's strange. The only way I get full air flow out of the circular side vents is selecting ''arrow points to head only'' on the control knob. You would think on ''defrost only'' setting that full flow would hit the windshield vents and circular side window vents.

Edit: not really worried about it though.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Silcone spray from a haedware store put the windows down and spray all the weather strip let it dry before rolling them back up