Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: LED light upgrade

Thanks
    I did the same thing looks amazing! Going to get some pictures taken soon and I will share them. It looks amazing at night!

Thanks
    I did both...it works great. The interior light stays slightly lit when the switch is in the middle position and the car is running.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I did both...it works great. The interior light stays slightly lit when the switch is in the middle position and the car is running.
    I noticed that too. Probably residual current for the electronic switching/dimming, because it goes completely off when the switch is in the off position.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thanks for the lighting information. Actually, I bought a handheld LED at CT to supplement the stock cabin light.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    high power led fog lights
    Name:  fog.jpg
Views: 1425
Size:  59.5 KB

low front lights
    Name:  low.jpg
Views: 1338
Size:  30.0 KB

also have led on interior (great improvement) and on trunk, also big improvement and license plate.
    i have a high quality h4-3 6000k hid kit, but i think i will sell the car without it and keep it for the next one, but i think it will suite very nice on the micra aesthetically speaking, i find stock headlights very powerfull.
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 02-06-2015 at 11:48 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzagnr For This Useful Post:

lbarouf (02-07-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzagnr View Post
    high power led fog lights
    Name:  fog.jpg
Views: 1425
Size:  59.5 KB

low front lights
    Name:  low.jpg
Views: 1338
Size:  30.0 KB

also have led on interior (great improvement) and on trunk, also big improvement and license plate.
    i have a high quality h4-3 6000k hid kit, but i think i will sell the car without it and keep it for the next one, but i think it will suite very nice on the micra aesthetically speaking, i find stock headlights very powerfull.
    Can you share the model number or part number and brand of what you bought? I had HIDs for the past 8 years and I find it a little dull for my liking. Especially on the long dark roads here. I don't have any fog lights currently, and would like to LED fogs, and HID hi/low.

It would have been great to get a night shot of before / after.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lbarouf View Post
    Can you share the model number or part number and brand of what you bought? I had HIDs for the past 8 years and I find it a little dull for my liking. Especially on the long dark roads here. I don't have any fog lights currently, and would like to LED fogs, and HID hi/low.

It would have been great to get a night shot of before / after.
    These are the led i use them as DRL
    they are very bright and at night they are only little less than stock
    If you want more power need hid or hid like led kits
    these bulbs equal 50w halogen but use 10w only
    http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1952033...bilesitedetail

Other leds are 13 smd 5050 t10 from ebay

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    This mod worked brilliantly. Thanks for sharing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 8.0 L/100 km ... 35.4 mpg (Imp) ... 12.5 km/L ... 29.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    You tried it as well Dwight?
    So the driving lights are also the low lights at night. Is the high beam a different bulb or the same have to do 3 settings?

Gonzag, you said they were not as bright at night as the stock? But those are the fogs you are talking about, right?
    What did you use for the H4 headlight replacement? The bottom picture was for the DRL/hi/Low you replaced? Are they LED or HID?

Thanks.

Anyone has the fog light assembly part number?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    hey, i have only done the interior/license plate lights. i haven't ventured to the headlamps yet but i want to. I'll use the advice I see listed in these posts and see what happens. Maybe in spring.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 8.0 L/100 km ... 35.4 mpg (Imp) ... 12.5 km/L ... 29.5 mpg (US) ...