Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Euro Plate

Thanks
    I'm considering buying an Europlate designated GB that says, "MY MICRA," to put on the front as that's my plate number. Technically, all traffic tickets that are fought are fought against the crown, which is the Queen, and so, effectively, If I got a ticket, I'd be fighting against the Queen for having a front license plate from Her country. It might be worth the day in court...what do you think?

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I don't think anyone will give you a ticket in Canada for having a fake license plate in front of your car, no matter what's written on it.
    Last edited by dani3d; 11-20-2014 at 07:47 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I disagree. If it says "CopsRpigs", there will be tickets. Just sayin'.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    In Ontario you have no choice anyway because you are required to use both front and back license plate, but here in Québec I have seen some pretty offensive decorative plates. Seems to have only one regulation and the plate must not copy an exsiting canadian or american plate so there would be confusion with the real thing. Beside that all hell goes free.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    I disagree. If it says "CopsRpigs", there will be tickets. Just sayin'.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Yeah, it looks like I got my Micra without even the "Micra" cover plate on the front - so like some of you it looks completely "raw" and "unfinished". Quebec just has to be different (I'm from Ontario originally) and doesn't require a front license plate, so I want to take advantage of the whole "euro" look.

I have to take the car in for servicing next week, so I'll make sure to get that "free" piece that should have come with the car (until my custom plate arrives)!!

Thanks
    Hey Dani3d,

I'll be looking for you whenever I see another Micra here in Montreal. There's not too many of us just yet.

Thanks
    Be carefull as that black bumper patch is glued on, so if you want to put an Euro license plate then don't have the black bumper cover installed. Just ask them to give it to you and that you will install it yourself. That way you still get the free bumper plug but it wont be glued on and stuck there when you want to install your euro plate.

You won't see me in Montreal. I live on the south shore and avoid Montreal like the plague

Quote Originally Posted by Micraguy_Montreal View Post
    Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Yeah, it looks like I got my Micra without even the "Micra" cover plate on the front - so like some of you it looks completely "raw" and "unfinished". Quebec just has to be different (I'm from Ontario originally) and doesn't require a front license plate, so I want to take advantage of the whole "euro" look.

I have to take the car in for servicing next week, so I'll make sure to get that "free" piece that should have come with the car (until my custom plate arrives)!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dani3d For This Useful Post:

Will (08-01-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    I'm considering buying an Europlate designated GB that says, "MY MICRA," to put on the front as that's my plate number. Technically, all traffic tickets that are fought are fought against the crown, which is the Queen, and so, effectively, If I got a ticket, I'd be fighting against the Queen for having a front license plate from Her country. It might be worth the day in court...what do you think?
    I would love to put a euro plate on mine. If it has my actual licence numbers on it, would it still be illegal? Did you look into this?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SvB View Post
    I would love to put a euro plate on mine. If it has my actual licence numbers on it, would it still be illegal? Did you look into this?
    Mine came with a plate that's an ad of my dealership. Not digging it but it's ok. If I were to remove it, there'd be a hole so it'd look stupid. I saw the Quebec Euro plate in a display at the dealership but they sell it 35$, what a scam!!

Thanks
    Good afternoon everyone!

Just got my Europlate and mounting bracket, now all I need to do is figure out how to put it on! Any instructions out there for a noob like myself?

much appreciated ty!

Micra SV 2016

ok nm! lol
    Read a bit thru forum and it is just glued on...

Last edited by Will; 08-01-2017 at 03:37 PM.