Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hi guys Im from sherbrooke quebec and I too am plagued by the engine knock issue. Dropped my car once at nissan but they couldnt hear it apparently... mine is a 2015 standard im around 95000 clicks there, went thru like 30 pages of this thread, just wondering if you guys found out about a recall or if its still "isolated cases" havent my engine number though. Cheers

Thanks
    Salut, Sherbrooke!

No recalls. It seems to have been isolated cases. Also seems only the earlier years were affected.

I assume you found this very useful post, if you read the whole thread:

Unofficial engine knock test procedure

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    It sure did but I was wondering if there was another way than rolling the dice on getting the same engine, like swapping a totally different engine.... anyways coming back to quebec soon so ill send it back to nissan with the complaimt number some other guy gave here try to see if I can get it chamged but im.just worried ill get another knocking one again hahaha

Thanks
    Hey, not sure if anyone has addressed this yet but I'll throw in my two cents. I had the same issue where it would make a knocking sound at low RPMs. I took it to the dealership multiple times with the same result - nothing was wrong with the vehicle.

I duplicated the sound and managed to get it on a recording on my phone. Took it back to the dealer and they told me it was something to do with the heat shield? Anyway, they ended up doing something with it and once it was all said and done - the knocking sound stopped. Hopefully this is helpful if you haven't found a solution yet.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to astroz0mbies For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-07-2019)

Thanks
    Do you still have the sound recording? Might be useful to post for other users. Maybe as a YouTube vid?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Do you still have the sound recording? Might be useful to post for other users. Maybe as a YouTube vid?
    Sadly, no. I got a new phone and that footage is unfortunately long gone. It happened when my car was at about 8000km and now I'm at around 72000km. So this was a long time ago. That being said, the issue ended up getting 100% resolved by the dealership. I am fairly certain it was a heat shield that was rattling and they just tied it down. I can go through my old invoices and check it out. But it sounds VERY similar to what the OP is posting about.

My fear is dead. Ambition drove the hearse.