Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Thanks
    I'll chime in, however I think my situation may be different.

I bought my brand new 2016 Micra SR on October 31st 2016. I can't remember how many km exactly but it was probably around 500. Whenever I would shift my car into drive, there was a similar knocking sound. I took it four times to the dealership and they finally found out it was the shifter cable. Since I've had it replaced, it's been running without the knocking sound.

It's kind of upsetting that on a brand new car the shifter cable was already damaged. And when they ordered a new shifter cable, that one came already broken so I had to wait for a new one to come in (and cross my fingers that one wasn't broken, too).

I think I'm going to keep an ear out for this knocking sound now, though. Just in case.

My fear is dead. Ambition drove the hearse.

Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    What I take from this thread is that Nissan will acknowledge the issue if one is present, and take the steps required to repair the issue. No one is being turned away. Replacement engines are being installed at no cost to the customer.

Yes it's a bit of a headache. But no manufacturer is going to throw a $5000 repair in a car just cause. Due diligence is required.
    That's what warrenties are for. To date there are no catastrophic failures, explosions, pistons thru blocks or anything. Just a rattle which is clearly defined in the FSM under trouble shooting knocks and rattles section. Anything produced in the multiple millions in multiple countries isn't going to be 100% even a 0.01% error could be thousands of engines. They are only human. Micra cup cars are driven hard and seem to take te beating with a smile. My car is driven, not abused, but driven, and it's fine. 12k km+ since the replacement and I can't complain. It's not like exchanging something at walmart. But it's also not like trying to get something done with the government ( long waits and no communication ). It literally costs almost as much as riding the bus twice a day ( and cheaper then go train. ( purchase price over 5 year term not including insurance /gas ) and how many of you have seen a broken down bus on the side of the road? My micra has never stranded me. My 1994 Volvo did, and often.

Just remember BMW and Porsche have a whole list of finicky issues. And they cost 5x as much or more.
    http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...his-time-by-me

Kinda turned away. Asked to authorize "potentially" billable inspection. And advised to go back to where I bought it / had it previously serviced. Which shouldn't matter.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Sorry to bump but is this still an issue, was considering a micra in Canada.

Thanks
    We haven't really had any new reports since 2016 in this thread.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I know this is an issue with mine still even though the engine has already been replaced once already and they heard the same knocking sound shortly after replacing it. I remember them telling me the engine needs to be broken in and come back after the first oil change on the new engine. It has since been 3 or 4 oil changes now and ita going back again. I'm getting mine looked at on the 22nd of May. We'll see what they will say

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jgoedhard For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-09-2018)

Thanks
    Please keep us posted.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Mine still knocks. Told the dealer once and they said they didn't hear anything and have not heard of any issues. I have peperwork with my complaint on it and them saying they heard nothing.

Thanks
    They told me it's coming from the exhuastName:  20180522_111935.jpg
Views: 1636
Size:  99.5 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hi, new to this forum. We bought our Micra new in February 2016. When we bought it I told the dealer that the engine dont sound right, but they said it was perfectly normal. April 2017 at 11000km the engine was knocking so bad that we brought it in and they replaced the engine block under warranty. They said it was piston slap, was very noticeable when engine cold, not so much when hot. Fast forward to today, car now has 25000km, just did an oil change and noticed 2 quarts of oil missing! Been doing some research on rod knock and I believe this is what our new engine has now. Never again Nissan

Thanks
    I don't know if this is related...

When the engine is hot and just in 4th gear at 58km/h and you almost floor it to make the engine work hard but not to down shift to gear 3 (automatic) you hear the pinging marble sound. At least I hear it.