Thread: Problems ALREADY! (engine knocking at certain RPM - HR16DE - solved)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Oh maybe I should try that when I have next free time if my video is no good

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by L1ghtninchris View Post
    It is HR16*731651J it's a J as far as I see, for the video I made it I can do another one letting it idle for 15mins I just came back from a delivery do it's been driven, just sitting 5mins in this video I can also try again under oil pan. Keep in mind if this makes a difference Idk it's been 14,000 since my last oil change suppose to be every 8,000 oops been busy. I checked the dip stick after and my oil is like half

http://youtu.be/mPHxpNSz91Q
    the procedure has not been done well.
    see above post from metrompg and follow the instructions, when pushing hard accelerator the knock is not audible, or very hard to.
    at idle engine does not knock.
    a video from under oil pan will be great and accurate for comparison and following procedure steps.
    please change oil asap

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzagnr View Post
    the procedure has not been done well.
    see above post from metrompg and follow the instructions, when pushing hard accelerator the knock is not audible, or very hard to.
    at idle engine does not knock.
    a video from under oil pan will be great and accurate for comparison and following procedure steps.
    please change oil asap
    Sry like I said I had no idea what I was doing just shooting a video lol, getting my oil change soon and then I will try again.

Thanks
    thank you L1ghtninchris, all your help is appreciated and will be very usefull.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    thank you L1ghtninchris, all your help is appreciated and will be very usefull.
    Np I will help best I can even though I know nothing about car engines. Is my engine number part of the problem ones or completely different?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by L1ghtninchris View Post
    Np I will help best I can even though I know nothing about car engines. Is my engine number part of the problem ones or completely different?
    we wont know (or at least be quite sure) until test is performed correctly and video recorded.

Thanks
    we wont know (or at least be quite sure) until test is performed correctly and video recorded.
    Ok well oil is changed and I tried doing steps as indicated but I may have placed phone in wrong spot unsure. U can hear some noise at 2400RPM. Advise me.

http://youtu.be/aK_gWgIciYE

8. The Following User Says Thank You to L1ghtninchris For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    Mine makes a heck of a lot of noise in that rev range with zero load on the crank however it all seems to be in the head.No knocking like a hammer against the crank. The cvvt in this engine moves through it's range of motion in that rev range and thus the noise in the top end is audible every time with zero load. Under load the top end noise seems to not be there at all. In my last race car (civic) I hooked the v-tec solenoid to an in cockpit switch. On for green flag condition off for yellow flag condition. During a restart if the car in front of me would slow the pace too much just before the green flag I would have to pause on flipping the v-tec switch until the revs built up a bit otherwise there was way less power and a similar noise to what my micra makes between 2 and 3 thousand rpm.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I have a humble request.

Could someone that has a non-knocking micra, please, please please shoot a similar video so that I can compare an apple to an apple before I start shooting off my mouth. Perhaps engine #2 sounds normal and Im just accustomed to hearing it.

It could be possible. Im just trying to cover all the bases here.
    http://youtu.be/aK_gWgIciYE

I hope this video is similar to urs and can help see if I have a. Non knocking engine

Thanks
    L1ghtninchris, Its that marble/rattling sound you hear around 2000 RPMS. Kind of quick on the throttle but you can make it out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...