Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winter/snow tires for Micra

Thanks
    When did you get your rims from Costco? They've shown as being backordered for a long time.

Thanks
    Brand new Micra owner here. What are a decently priced good performing snow tire for the Micra? I'm in Toronto so I want something that can handle ice, slush and accumulation (parents live in Niagara). Suggestions?

Thanks
    Took almost 6 weeks to get a set of rims alone for my car last year. I did end up getting them from a dealer 150kms away from where I live not the local dealer. Had snow tires installed on them. They are needed around here because on a lot of storms, the roads I go to work on are not plowed sometimes. The original tires that came with the car just don't cut it in the snow or slush even.

Thanks
    Check out PMCtire.com located in Sherbrooke, Quebec. I just purchased factory black steel wheels for the Micra $56.40 minus taxes. The Nissan dealer wanted $80 minus taxes for the same wheel. Ordered Oct 13, they arrived today. Nice thing about this business, they will mount the tires and balance them, throw in free stems for $12.49 each wheel and FREE delivery. I also bought chinese made tires (googled to find good ratings mostly in Europe) they had on clearance. The tires look impressive, lots of tread, mix of hard and soft feel surface and besides, here in S/W Ontario snows are only needed for about 2 1/2 months max. Anything over that time is just burning off your rubber. I ordered 185/60/15 but the company sent 185/65/15 and I immediately fit them on the front and back and there is plenty of clearance, not to mention almost 3 more inches of extra height on the tires. Should experience a cadillac ride. After going to several local tire shops and online checking I saved over $150 buying at PMC.

Thanks
    Just picked up a set of General Altimax Arctics on steelies. Just went with them based on reviews and price and tread wear. Was looking at them or Bridgestone blizzaks ws80 but heard the blizzaks were poor in terms of tread life.

Here's a review of tires by the APA
    http://www.apa.ca/WinterTires2013-PassengerCars.asp

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR manual: 7.4 L/100 km ... 38.4 mpg (Imp) ... 13.6 km/L ... 32.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    "Firestone" Fs Winterforce-185/65R15, i will let you know how they work when it snows. Name:  nt.jpg
Views: 1216
Size:  32.2 KB

Thanks
    Blizzak WS80 are great tires. I got Dunlop Winter Maxx tires and I am a little disappointed. They are quiet for a snow tire, but are horrible when accelerating in the wet. Way worse than they should be. They are well-rated for ice and snow, though, so I'll see what happens as winter comes around.

Update: Nov 29/15 - Finally got our first round of snow in Edmonton. In snow and ice, I would rate the Winter Maxx as "fair" for acceleration and turning, but "good" for braking. Probably wouldn't buy these again.
    Last edited by graymeeguts; 11-29-2015 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Updated info

Thanks
    Hmm that's weird I have the Dunlop Winter Maxx tires installed on my Truck and they are some of the best Snow/Ice tires I've ever owned. I previously had the Michelin x-ice xi2's and noticed an immediate improvement over them especially in deep snow when I installed the Dunlop's. Maybe the difference in weigh between these vehicles makes a difference? As for my Micra I have the Yokohama iceGUARD iG52c and they are also a very good winter tire. Going on my second year with both and haven't had any issue's in our harsh Calgary winters. I would recommend either brand for a cheaper but just as good alternative to the more expensive brands like Nokian/Bridgestone/Michelin.
    Last edited by Robm6981; 11-13-2015 at 04:31 PM.

Thanks
    I'm looking into buying a set of gently used winter tires already mounted on rims. They are 195/55/R15. Will these be okay? Is anyone using this size of tire on their Micra SV? Thanks!

Thanks
    Try your specs here http://www.tire-size-calculator.info/