Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winter/snow tires for Micra

Thanks
    I am getting the Nokian Hakappelita 8 on 15 inch rim. 152$ plus taxes each. ouch, but they are worth it. Since I tried these tires I wont have anything else. Here in Quebec it is illegal to keep the all seasons, all seasons.

Last edited by dani3d; 11-17-2014 at 08:18 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I have 195/60R15 winters from my Sentra I am having put on my Micra. Does anyone have 195 tires on thier Micra?

Thanks
    if you looking for winter tires, send me pm and ill do my best to get you best deal around! Like us on Facebook and get a discount

Thanks
    Well I confirm that the Nokian hakkapelitta 8 work very well with the Micra. We had our first snow flurry today and lots of slosh and thick snow etc.. and it was very easy going back home after work. I got the 15'' tire with Nissan original rims. Not all tires are created equal!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    It's the day i've been waiting for!
    I'm very happy with the tires i chose(Observe GSi-5) although my car made some very uncomfortable (loud) noises when i did a few handbrake slides in the parking lot. I'm not used to all these stability control systems, gonna have to do some tests in a bigger parking lot so i know what to expect.

Thanks
    Two weeks with the nitrogen-filled Michelin x-ice Xi3, and they've been great. On the highway, just a slight bit more road noise than stock tires, but hardly noticeable and a lot better in the road noise department than other snow tires I've had in the past (the Goodyear Nordic's on the Torrent are positively loud). No noticeable difference in fuel economy so far (Micra still shows around 5.8L/100km, reset at every fill-up). I'd say these are at least as good on cold, wet asphalt as the stocks are on warm, dry asphalt for lateral handling, braking, and acceleration. Hit some ice on a 401 off-ramp today, ABS kicked in, but barely had to do anything. They perform as advertised.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    In Quebec it is required by law to have winter tires in winter. Not only that but the tires must have the winter logo on them or they are not good enough. So cheap so called winter tires that don't have the pictogram for winter are not permitted.

And yeah, here too there are often pile of car smashed together on the highway as most drivers are just plain dumb. If an IQ test was required as well as the winter tires, 90% of the cars would be off the road from lack of drivers. No wonder we can't turn left on red light here...

This morning I was driving on the highway and a stupid truck driver was about 3 feet from my car. I had to change lane to get him off my butt. That's some really dangerous driving and there are tons of those stupid truck drivers here with huge trucks on the road. Returning home from work I stopped at the gas station. I was inside paying for my gas when I hear a huge bang...At first I was afraid that someone hit my car but it was the car beside me that got hit by the stupid woman in front of him. She gets in her car after fuelling, hit the gas but instead of going forward she puts it backward and hit the gas pedal hard and bang into the car that was fuelling behind her. stupid woman! I am just glad it was not my car that she screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    All to many people on the 401 and trans canada seem to think. OOH! Derp i gotts a 4x4, or I gots snow tires so 140kph riding bumperz is safes! Hurr durr! Usually why in my area 50 car pileups on the 401 are not unusual.

Thanks
    I now have a set of Hercules Avalanche 195/60r15's from my Sentra on my Micra. The car seems to do pretty well in the winter so far especially with the 5 speed .

Thanks
    I bought a set of General Tire Altimax Arctic 185/60r15. On 15 inches steelies. Those tires were originally the Gislaved Nordfrost 3. It was bought by Continental Tires and they became the Altimax we know today. Those are the best winter tires I've ever got. They are excellent in snow/slush and almost as good on ice. Also, they are made in Germany and I think its a good thing lol.

If you are on a budget, the quality/price ratio is hard to beat. In fact, they're amazing.
    Last edited by MicraQc; 12-16-2014 at 10:41 PM.

Thanks
    Attachment 934
    Got Winter tires and Wheels. Tires from Wal Mart for $34.00 each with install. Wheels from Costco for $56.00 each delivered to house by UPS. THANKS Dede for the info on Costco (nice rims)

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Antruby (Rose) My blog is Antruby.com
    I love this fantastic Micra. Love the ride. Love the colour. Love the size. Love the light in the hatchback. Love the bluetooth. Love the fact the rear windows go all the way down. Love the headlights that someone took time to aim in the right places. Love the fuel filler being on the drivers side. Love that the fuel filler door locks from inside the car. (No need for key.) Love the stainless steel license bolts put on by dealer.